Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to buy Fifa as im missing the footy and noticed that the Champions Edition released on Sep 2019 features VVD on the front.
Am I the only one who finds that a bit weird?

I dont know why they would not feature a player from the actual champions in the Champions Edition- regardless of the team.

So you don’t think your club are desperate to finish the league & especially the CL? Okay, mate, fair enough if that’s your take.
Probably a slightly more believable take on City, than one coming from a Liverpool fan...

I'd say as pointed out many times by many City fans, we are only interested in football starting when it's all safe.
If that involves sacking off 19/20, so be it.
If it involves giving Liverpool the title*, so be it, but that can only be done, if every other position in the leagues is agreed by all, so that champions/promotion/relegation/playoffs/money is decided. Liverpool and their cheerleaders have made it a one issue item. It's not.
If 19/20 season is postponed, so be it, but dicking about with formats/times etc, is just purely money driven in the hopes that 20/21 season can start on reasonable time - which shows you how money driven it is. They should be having changing agreed scenarios, as the months pass, of what each delay means, but they don't, it's just lets get those last few games sorted by any means possible.

That’s absolutely fair comment.
Also never seems to get yellow cards, same with mane and firmino. Mane is forever putting snidey fouls in and gets away with 4/5 every game. In fact,
TAA - can get very angry might be his age but snarls at linesman and ref and pushes other players into hoardings regularly. Hardly carded until late in game.
Vvd - again arrogantly pushes oppo players off the ball. Hands all over players at corners and free kicks. Regularly uses tactical fouls. Hardly carded, especially early on.
Robertson - snidey, horrible little ..... same trick as TAA with hoardings. Hardly booked and never early in match.
Midfield - they're all the same player really. All snap into tackles, all aggressive ball winners, all "leave something on the player" never booked early in the match.
Mane & firmino - both moody and snidey. Tackles from behind and scraping Achilles are typical kick outs for them. Never booked.

You compare this to city players that have been booked in first 5 mins for nothing challenged. Subs that come on and get booked for 1st tackle. I'd love to see the stats on average times for 1st bookings. Only player we have that didnt get booked early was ferna but managers pointed it out and as if by magic.....

Probably a slightly more believable take on City, than one coming from a Liverpool fan...

I'd say as pointed out many times by many City fans, we are only interested in football starting when it's all safe.
If that involves sacking off 19/20, so be it.
If it involves giving Liverpool the title*, so be it, but that can only be done, if every other position in the leagues is agreed by all, so that champions/promotion/relegation/playoffs/money is decided. Liverpool and their cheerleaders have made it a one issue item. It's not.
If 19/20 season is postponed, so be it, but dicking about with formats/times etc, is just purely money driven in the hopes that 20/21 season can start on reasonable time - which shows you how money driven it is. They should be having changing agreed scenarios, as the months pass, of what each delay means, but they don't, it's just lets get those last few games sorted by any means possible.

I think you’re conflating several different issues to try and home in on us being the big bad wolf forcing people to play when it’s just not true.
I personally don’t know of any Liverpool fan who wants the season to restart if there’s any risk. I suspect that you don’t either. Also, it’s the bottom teams who are fighting hardest against this but don’t let that get in the way of an Internet discussion.
But of course it’s money & legally driven. Anyone who thinks it’s for sporting pride are deluded.

I don’t think anybody is thinking of trophies in terms of meaning, it’s just a willingness to complete what needs to be and thus avoiding any number of issues. If the resumption saw your team win the CL, there won’t be many, if any, of your fans will say, ‘Oh this is meaningless now’. Would that have applied if the virus had struck in the Centurions season? Or would there have been a determination to crack on? Football comes a distant second in the grand scheme of things at the moment, but it won’t make our 19 any less sweet.
The fact that over 30000 and rising people have died and you say winning number 19 won’t make it any less sweet ?? Says it all really .

The fact that over 30000 and rising people have died and you say winning number 19 won’t make it any less sweet ?? Says it all really .

Did you read what I said? ‘Football comes a distant second to everything’
By the time that we’re in a position to win it, the curve will be almost flattened. So any joy that I have in us winning the league plus the joy for the two people I know, good Reds. that this virus has taken won’t be inappropriate or forced, it’ll be the right thing at the right time.

I don’t think anybody is thinking of trophies in terms of meaning, it’s just a willingness to complete what needs to be and thus avoiding any number of issues. If the resumption saw your team win the CL, there won’t be many, if any, of your fans will say, ‘Oh this is meaningless now’. Would that have applied if the virus had struck in the Centurions season? Or would there have been a determination to crack on? Football comes a distant second in the grand scheme of things at the moment, but it won’t make our 19 any less sweet.

Let's put to one side that there is a global pandemic that is still taking hundreds of lives daily and you believe all clubs will want to resume.

If, and it remains an if, you are given the opportunity to win 6 points, it will be forever known as the gifted title. They gifted you so many points and favours to get you so far ahead before cessation, and still they are doing mental gymnastics to try and ensure they get their return on investment. Sweet you say, the rest of the world are laughing at you. Embarrassed it what you should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.