COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw this chart this morning and it gave me a bit of a fright. What's our thoughts on this? A reality or an unlikely scenario? It paints a scary picture.

Got a massive workspace can sit 120, after measuring will only be able to seat 20-25 people at a push safely

This is gonna be a nightmare for small premises and businesses

Last edited:

Saw this chart this morning and it gave me a bit of a fright. What's our thoughts on this? A reality or an unlikely scenario? It paints a scary picture.

I’m hoping in a modern world where we can test people and communicate things so much easier that we won’t fall into the same trap.

I know a few teachers and the 1000 school hours is just a red herring. You may work those hours in school, you then have all the lesson prep, marking etc etc. You can easily double the hours during term time.

Or not. My Mum was a teacher for 40 years BTW. And like no-one in the private sector ever works after 5:30pm???

I’m hoping in a modern world where we can test people and communicate things so much easier that we won’t fall into the same trap.

Thats my view as well. You just can't compare what happened 100 years ago to what is happening today, it is a totally different set of circumstances.

Anyway the ONS excess deaths are out and to May 1st its 41, 627. Still too many non Covid-19 related deaths (23% of total excess) especially with so many in the dementia category, but it is comming down.
(Remember: MY "Care of the Elderly" med reg daughter says confusion and change of routine is not at all good for dementia mortality - so that number is understandable)
I have a sneaky suspicion that many of the excess so called non covid related deaths will turn out to be covid related. When doctors go on strike mortality often falls.
It will be interesting to see if the excess deaths correspond to places where transmission has been high .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.