COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just worth remembering this the next time some viral picture of people not socially distancing pops up.

bq6n1dm75ay41.jpg

Thought for a while the reason why ,in Scotland, over the last 3 weeks hospitalisations have dropped about 20% while ICU have dropped over 60%, was maybe using the spare capacity to hospitalise sooner and the earlier intervention preventing deterioration to ICU. Seems it could be the case.

“1,618 patients are in hospital with a suspected or confirmed case (up 165), with 81 being treated in intensive care (up one).

She explains the increase of people in hospital is entirely in suspected cases, while there has been a drop in confirmed cases of people in hospital with Covid-19.“

Some of us are just trying to explain that it’s impossible for the guidelines to be crystal clear, and that anyone expecting it to be clear for 50 odd million variants is being an arse.

There maybe people who understand them but don't agree with the logic behind them. I'm surprised some of the really clever posters(The ones that call out the stupid ones consistently to help in their own penis growth) haven't thought of that.

Too risky, people may not buy them.
I see a wealth tax on all assets coming, or abolishing capital gains tax relief on principle private residences.
Actually the tax relief on principle private homes is something that may happen.
In Spain it simply does not exist and payment is due on all so be prepared or is that suggestion likely to meet with some sort of censorship?

Ok makes sense. I had read that direct sunlight kills Sars2 in minutes. It’s one of the reasons I shake my head when I see Qatar disinfecting main roads. That and people could always avoid licking the roads.
The UV that penetrates the atmosphere is in the UV-A and UV-B wavelength bands and isn't very effective on bacteria and viruses. UV-C is the wavelength band that kills most efficiently but that's blocked by the ozone layer which is just as well for us as it's highly dangerous so it can only be used under strictly controlled conditions.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

I heard TFL are having financial issues as they are not picking up a lot of fares. Didn't realise that staff had been put on furlough though.
Yep it’s about 25% of the staff, but they are topping up their salaries to full pay. Think it’s on the TFL website somewhere.
Knew a while ago though because up until last week one of the team was supporting TfL at their office in Stratford on the four lines modernisation project so heard it first hand.

Actually the tax relief on principle private homes is something that may happen.
In Spain it simply does not exist and payment is due on all so be prepared or is that suggestion likely to meet with some sort of censorship?

if this economic crash is as forecast and the mothballing of the economy carries on as long as expected I look forward to getting a capital loss when I sell my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.