Summer Transfers

It's all fake news. Barcelona are desperate to make it look like He has a buyer. Pep has zero interest in Semedo what so ever.

We spent 90% of last Summer trying to force Juve to accept Danilo and cash for Cancelo.

__

How come we didn't even trying it once with Semedo? Or heard any rumours regarding it? Semedo and Cancelo have the same Agent.

__

Cancelo signed a 6 year contract and knew walker signed one too. Ignore all the fake news about him wanting to leave. Remember the rumours around Mahrez last year?

City will only sell/swap Cancelo, to force the Issue and take Kimmich from Bayern.

while semedo looks a decent player - is he

1. Better than what we have (cancelo or walker - I know Cancelo probably wants to leave however)
2. there are much more higher priority areas we need players for - Cebtre back being the main and for me left back - plus then Leroy leaving leaves us horribly inbalanced with a group fo attackers who are either better centrally or from the right.

while semedo looks a decent player - is he

1. Better than what we have (cancelo or walker - I know Cancelo probably wants to leave however)
2. there are much more higher priority areas we need players for - Cebtre back being the main and for me left back - plus then Leroy leaving leaves us horribly inbalanced with a group fo attackers who are either better centrally or from the right.

I think it's just one of those moves that is easy to make happen, in a similar vein to what we saw with the Danilo/Cancelo move last summer.

We have a player that wants to leave (Cancelo) and Barca want to shift Semedo. Mendes can make it happen and keep all parties happy.

Semedo is more Walker than Cancelo. He's strong defensively, quick, but more limited going forward - but is probably still a bit of an upgrade on Walker in this regard. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily say he's the better player than Walker, but put him in our system and he could be. Plus he's a few years younger.

I have voiced my opinion before saying that I personally think it's just going to be a repeat situation of what we've seen with both Danilo/Cancelo - one of our two top class RB's will struggle for gametime, become unhappy and force a move. But that was before all the Walker drama, so I don't know where he currently stands in all of this.

If we do get Semedo, you can expect him to be very good under Pep and potentially could beat out Walker in a way the other two before him have struggled to do so.

I think it's just one of those moves that is easy to make happen, in a similar vein to what we saw with the Danilo/Cancelo move last summer.

We have a player that wants to leave (Cancelo) and Barca want to shift Semedo. Mendes can make it happen and keep all parties happy.

Semedo is more Walker than Cancelo. He's strong defensively, quick, but more limited going forward - but is probably still a bit of an upgrade on Walker in this regard. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily say he's the better player than Walker, but put him in our system and he could be. Plus he's a few years younger.

I have voiced my opinion before saying that I personally think it's just going to be a repeat situation of what we've seen with both Danilo/Cancelo - one of our two top class RB's will struggle for gametime, become unhappy and force a move. But that was before all the Walker drama, so I don't know where he currently stands in all of this.

If we do get Semedo, you can expect him to be very good under Pep and potentially could beat out Walker in a way the other two before him have struggled to do so.

The walker "drama" as you put it should have no afect on his playing time. He has been solid for us since his arrival and whatever he has done during lockdown should not detract from them and letting it do so is playing into the media's hands.

I dont disagree on Semedo but i just hope we are prioritising other areas as that is where we need the new players.

Every single post from me in the transfer forum are all fake news. Barcelona are desperate to make it look like He has a buyer. Pep has zero interest in Semedo what so ever.

We spent 90% of last Summer trying to force Juve to accept Danilo and cash for Cancelo.

__

How come we didn't even trying it once with Semedo? Or heard any rumours regarding it? Semedo and Cancelo have the same Agent.

__

Cancelo signed a 6 year contract and knew walker signed one too. Ignore all the fake news about him wanting to leave. Remember the rumours around Mahrez last year?

City will only sell/swap Cancelo, to force the Issue and take Kimmich from Bayern.

FTFY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.