Frank Soo - First Chinese player to play for England remembered

That’s really interesting.

I’ve never heard of him before, but it was a great read.

Good to see a few City legends featuring prominently and I know that Neil Franklin is still revered in Stoke.

So is Frank Soo, by some of the older Stoke fans. A friend of mine says his claim to fame is that he lived in the next street to Soo.

Apart from Matthews, the other Potteries hero was Freddie Steele, a fine centre-forward whose career was unfortunate to coincide with Tommy Lawton's.

Good heavens. Old memories resurfacing. Must get back to the present.

So is Frank Soo, by some of the older Stoke fans. A friend of mine says his claim to fame is that he lived in the next street to Soo.

Apart from Matthews, the other Potteries hero was Freddie Steele, a fine centre-forward whose career was unfortunate to coincide with Tommy Lawton's.

Good heavens. Old memories resurfacing. Must get back to the present.
The past looks better and better...

Traditional Chinese name.

Reminds me of Jonathan Ranganathan.

Really great pictures though. I wonder if anyone at the time gave a shit (other than the newspapers), like they did with black players. Perhaps more after the war. I know my granddad came back from the war with a deep hatred of anything Japanese, which then extended to anything that looked like it might be Japanese. My mum told me a story of how he tore down a poster of Bruce Lee she had, for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.