(A-Z Artist or Band Name) Now Indexed

I have been awake since 05.00 thinking about this. It is a bit like an awards ceremony (think POY) where the award goes to someone who isn't the best, but has won it for 'other' reasons....
This slot belongs, in reality, to either U-Roy or Black Uhuru. Thing is though, if you like Reggae you will know both of those, and if you don't like it, neither of those will persuade you to listen to it.
So what I am going to do is put something here which will hopefully persuade to you listen to the whole album, because in my view it is something that was important at the time, and even now, has lots to say and remains musically, a very good listen. If your experience of UB 40 so far extends to the blandness of 'Red Red Wine' then take a listen to this. If you like it then you will love the rest of the album.

Great album, first heard it though my brother who seemed to hear all the newest (strangest) genres of the time. These days would be seen as a 'break through' album, but it is was different and good. In the days of 3 TV channels, no digital TV, no internet, no mobiles, no social media, it was hard for styles of music to be heard but this was and is absolutely fantastic.

Forget the later bland crap, this is UB40 at their best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.