39 years ago today ! Centenary FA Cup Final.

Fair comment, Johnny. I don't know why I spelt it like that. I know his name perfectly well and blame a senior moment or clumsy typing. I would be annoyed if someone else put that idiotic spelling..
I pride myself on my correct spelling and can only cover myself in sackcloth and ashes.
Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Firstly, I trust you were striking your breast as you said that, second, dimittuntur tibi.

I also went to every game, I had booked a holiday to Spain for the Sunday morning after the first game, never thought about a possible replay, but said to our kidd, I would be back for the replay, luckily it was on the Thursday night and I was able to get a fight back on Wednesday night, the lads who had gone to Spain with could not believe it, but I went home and went to the replay, still don't regret it, and glad I did, gutted that we lost, and like a lot of Blues, I have never forgiven Spurs. The one thing I do remember is that it kicked off big time in our end, there were lots of there fans in with us, but they got what they deserved, I would say we were outnumbered two to one, but Blues stood there ground.

Went to all the games home & away on that cup run. Peterborough in particular was a great day out. We had 3 or 4 car loads of us & we're talking to a couple of Posh fans outside the ground about not being able to find a boozer that was open. One of them said "Follow me" & he got us all into their social club. None of us were wearing colours but he must have been well connected to get us all in. Had a brilliant lunchtime session with the Posh fans.

I missed my CSE metalwork practical exam, some bod called Liam got my copper trinket box.
Our coach got back at 4am, had to go in for a French oral exam that really I couldn’t have gave a shit about and flunked anyway.
French oral exam eh?
I know a lady of the night who provides a similar service to that!!!

Firstly, I trust you were striking your breast as you said that, second, dimittuntur tibi.

Tibi gratias ago. I was actually going round the block on my knees in penance, not unlike how Henry II felt after Thomas Becket met his fate in Canterbury in 1170. Glad peccata mea are forgiven though

I also went to every game, I had booked a holiday to Spain for the Sunday morning after the first game, never thought about a possible replay, but said to our kidd, I would be back for the replay, luckily it was on the Thursday night and I was able to get a fight back on Wednesday night, the lads who had gone to Spain with could not believe it, but I went home and went to the replay, still don't regret it, and glad I did, gutted that we lost, and like a lot of Blues, I have never forgiven Spurs. The one thing I do remember is that it kicked off big time in our end, there were lots of there fans in with us, but they got what they deserved, I would say we were outnumbered two to one, but Blues stood there ground.

I thought I may have imagined it but sure just before Mackenzie equalised some Spurs fan clambered over the tunnel and into the upper part of the East Stand where the majority of the City fans were, at first the City fans ran but others then piled down, the Spurs fans retreated under a hail of bamboo flag poles!

This was the worst sporting moment. The own goal rangled me more than anything in the replay, and it took us 30 years to make up for it. When Stoke got those corners at the end I was waiting for a royal fuck up from Yaya.

Had my 1st season ticket in 81 for the Kippax for the princely sum of £9

in 1969 you could get in without a ticket for £5 which was a lot at the time, at a 'cash' turnstile. You could queue with every voucher for a final ticket but they 'sold out' which showed what the club thought of real fans at the time when it comes to allocation of tickets. Similar problems now for high demand aways adn the scrapping/phasing out of loyalty points.

This was the worst sporting moment. The own goal rangled me more than anything in the replay, and it took us 30 years to make up for it. When Stoke got those corners at the end I was waiting for a royal fuck up from Yaya.
I could have written exactly the same post word for word. I remember Martin Tyler describing the 2011 cup final as an one-side match and he was right but in the moment I couldn't see it for what it was. All I could feel was that we were going to cock it up again. I was 9 in '81 and 39 in 2011, I might as well as been 99. To finally witness City winning something was surreal and I didn't think it would ever been topped - but it was! Having said that the hurt I felt as a kid still needs rectifying and a couple of seasons ago there was nearly the opportunity of meeting Spurs in another final, how I would have relished beating them cockneys!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.