COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at those packed buses I wonder how many businesses have actually tried different working hours as suggested.

Because they have not studied it to know what’s really in it. They may well have read it but they haven’t studied it. They’ll think they know what’s in it and think what they’re saying is correct but without actually studying the 50 pages, they can very easily contradict something in the document.

Again, a lack of attention to detail.

turns out i didn't interpret correctly, it is indeed only one person meeting one other person from another house.
Still dont see a problem with gardens, and the doc doesnt rule it out (external access)

I can't view the full article for paywall reasons but is this on the back of their article around a month or 6 weeks ago which suggested that the infection had been with us for a lot longer than the first reported cases and there's a good chance we already have developed a good herd immunity or is this totally separate findings? Pretty sure a LOT of doubt was cast upon that report I'm talking about.

Begs the question of why? If they're wrong then how have this group of respected academics at one of the best universities researched the virus and compiled a report on it only for them to be told that they're effectively talking shite. How have they got it so wrong? Or how has everyone else got it so wrong by not listening to them? Must admit, them talking about infections being with us in January didn't sit right with me because surely hospitals would have became overcrowded much sooner and it'd have been picked up on... But then again Oxford uni guys would be aware of this question too so surely for them to compile and submit such a report suggests they'd have some logical answers on that.

EDIT - Another thing. It's Oxford uni who are claiming they'll have a vaccine by autumn and they're going ahead to start producing it beforehand because of their confidence in its success. Are they just being really over optimistic about everything or are we not giving their work enough respect and credence?
It is standard procedure to produce lots of a vaccine before testing is properly concluded in case it works.
If it doesn’t it can be binned.

It is standard procedure to produce lots of a vaccine before testing is properly concluded in case it works.
If it doesn’t it can be binned.

Yeah, I sort of understand that. It's their sheer confidence in going public with their belief that this is a goer which I'm wondering about, when others have since downplayed it. Especially when tied into their articles about herd immunity already being prevalent and this not being an epidemic in the UK any more. Their stuff seems the most upbeat reports coming out of anywhere especially when compared to the imperial college and its just difficult to know what is likely to be accurate and what should be taken with a pinch of salt i suppose.

There is a reason why testing for vaccines takes many months.
I take Oxford ‘s reports of a 2020 roll out, even IF they find a vaccine, with a very large pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.