COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are you are getting yourself really confused.

However you dress your argument, the bottom line is the same.

You don’t believe the government are giving out enough information.

My argument is plain.

They don’t need to.

They don't need to lmao, what's the point in having a government if you can't turn to them for advice during a crisis.

They're elected to find out and provide information on what is best for our country and its citizens to suggest the entire population needs to do its own research is stupid.

Yes, they fucking do. It'll save lives. To not make this a priority is utterly irresponsible.

Ok. Now we are both clear on our argument, I’ll try to explain why I believe they don’t need to issue any guidance on this.

1: The effectiveness of a face mask is very much open to debate.

2: Its not like hand washing, for example, which is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it helps stop the spread of a virus. This is why it is a public guidance.

You can’t push something when the end result may not actually have the effect it needs. That is irresponsible leadership. Its also, why, they have left us to decide.

That is the correct decision and I fully support the government in this measure.

They don't need to lmao, what's the point in having a government if you can't turn to them for advice during a crisis.

They're elected to find out and provide information on what is best for our country and its citizens to suggest the entire population needs to do its own research is stupid.

They can’t tell us whether a face mask is best or not.

And that’s because no fucker knows.

So you need the government to tell you whether or not something is important?

Again, that comes off as though you need spoon feeding.

I could point you in the direction of many articles related to the effectiveness of a face mask.

Based upon that information, I’ve decided that I will use one. Whether you disagree or agree, or whether the government tell me that is right or wrong, Ive done my homework, made a decision and implemented it.

You should do the same.
I don’t think you’re cottoning on to what he’s getting at.

Don’t presume the general public are as forward thinking and have as much common sense as me you or twosips. We can’t hold the general public to the same standards we live by.

He’s not saying that he needs the govt to spoon feed him, but the general public do... they really do!

For weeks the tag line from Hancock and his scientists and doctors was that the effectiveness of masks is negligible and they didn’t advise we wear them. That’s all the general public needs to run with for the rest of their lives.

You only have to look at the old 1970s and 80s saying that if you ate fatty foods, you’ll get fat. When it’s not particularly fats that make you fat, it’s unused carbohydrates. Years of studies, articles, books, documentaries and PTs and doctors telling everyone that fats aren’t as bad for us as we originally thought, hasn’t changed the general public’s view on fats. People still buy the “5% fat” “lean cut” meats and as “low fat” yoghurts at the supermarkets, as well far too much refined carbohydrates, when there’s no real need to and years of being told that.

There has been very very little mentioned about the change in stance about face masks in the last week. Next to nothing in the briefings, next to nothing on the news, absolutely nothing in those between programme Covid adverts.

Just because me you and twosips would delve into some information further than that to make our minds up, the general public won’t. The govt needs to be much more explicit with their new stance on face masks.

They can’t tell us whether a face mask is best or not.

And that’s because no fucker knows.

If a face mask stops the spread of other illnesses that is a benefit in itself for the NHS whilst fighting covid 19. If it also stops covid spreading to others then great! It might not stop it spreading 100% but if it helps contain it a little it's better than nothing.

I don’t think you’re cottoning on to what he’s getting at.

Don’t presume the general public are as forward thinking and have as much common sense as me you or twosips. We can’t hold the general public to the same standards we live by.

He’s not saying that he needs the govt to spoon feed him, but the general public do... they really do!

For weeks the tag line from Hancock and his scientists and doctors was that the effectiveness of masks is negligible and they didn’t advise we wear them. That’s all the general public needs to run with for the rest of their lives.

You only have to look at the old 1970s and 80s saying that if you ate fatty foods, you’ll get fat. When it’s not particularly fats that make you fat, it’s unused carbohydrates. Years of studies, articles, books, documentaries and PTs and doctors telling everyone that fats aren’t as bad for us as we originally thought, hasn’t changed the general public’s view on fats. People still buy the “5% fat” “lean cut” meats and as “low fat” yoghurts at the supermarkets, as well far too much refined carbohydrates, when there’s no real need to

There has been very very little mentioned about the change in stance about face masks in the last week. Next to nothing in the briefings, next to nothing on the news, absolutely nothing in those between programme Covid adverts.

Just because me you and twosips would delve into some information further than that to make our minds up, the general public won’t. The govt needs to be much more explicit with their new stance on face masks.

If you read my last 2 posts you can see we are clear on what our points of view are.

He thinks the government should be issuing instruction on the use of a face mask.

I don’t.

Simple as that.

If a face mask stops the spread of other illnesses that is a benefit in itself for the NHS whilst fighting covid 19. If it also stops covid spreading to others then great! It might not stop it spreading 100% but if it helps contain it a little it's better than nothing.

I don’t dispute that.

However, the effectiveness of a face mask is not clinically proven as a measure against the spread of virus.

If it slows it, great. Use a mask.

But you can’t expect the government to endorse something that has the potential not to work.

That is the only reason they are not pushing it and clearly why they didn’t order/make any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.