Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Population immunity of around 70% required.
Covid is same type of virus as influenza, what I mean is that it’s constantly mutating. So you can get flu again, despite already having it. That’s because it’s different seasonal flu and covid will eventually be the same in time, and when a vaccine ultimately comes it will be for those at risk just like the current flu jab.
The reason seasonal flu doesn’t shut down the country every year is because of background immunity and targeted immunisations. Lockdown is not because the corona is more dangerous than flu, but because it’s new, contagious and therefore many people will get it all at once and swamp the healthcare services.
You are right not all the answers are confirmed but we’ve had plenty of similar viruses around to base the medical assumptions. I’ll stick to listening to those in charge with a single brain cell
it is not like flu,it is far more contagious and is throwing lots of different and unexpected things that the other corona virus have not,so you are still not getting it after how many months

Population immunity of around 70% required.
Covid is same type of virus as influenza, what I mean is that it’s constantly mutating. So you can get flu again, despite already having it. That’s because it’s different seasonal flu and covid will eventually be the same in time, and when a vaccine ultimately comes it will be for those at risk just like the current flu jab.
The reason seasonal flu doesn’t shut down the country every year is because of background immunity and targeted immunisations. Lockdown is not because the corona is more dangerous than flu, but because it’s new, contagious and therefore many people will get it all at once and swamp the healthcare services.
You are right not all the answers are confirmed but we’ve had plenty of similar viruses around to base the medical assumptions. I’ll stick to listening to those in charge with a single brain cell
M8 I dont have flu jab and I get flu and to date I havent died from it. These things are on a different scale.

What’s the latest on whether they expect to play the remaining fa cup and CL games?

Heard that they were thinking of playing all the fa cup quarters at Wembley one day.
Fa cup semis another day.
Then the final another day.
Be bloody crap seeing us beat utd in the final at no tucker there, better than nothing I suppose

I believe the manager's have told the premier that June 12th start date is not feasible
The rules are the season has to end by June 30th.

Surely they will not be on the wrong side of the rules...

#PremierLeague players will be tested for coronavirus at least twice a week, including in the 48 hours before they are due to train, it was confirmed at a meeting today. [
@SkySportsNews

Top-flight managers were told in a meeting today that all team and coach meetings will continue to be done by videoconference, and all data and video recordings of training sessions are to be made available to the #PremierLeague. [
@SkySportsNews

Training Ground Protocols | #PremierLeague: - Players to drive alone to training in kit - Temperature checked at training ground entrance - Designated parking space (three away others) - No food at training ground - Train in group of five for a 75 minutes max [1/3] [
@SkyKaveh

- Encouraged to wear mask or snood - No tackling or spitting - Everything disinfected: balls, pitch, goalposts, cones, equipment - Players must maintain social distancing at all times [2/3]

- Injured players treated by physio wearing PPE (must include minimum of mask, gloves and apron) - After training, players will drive straight home

Foreign players returning to England will not be allowed into their training ground for 14 days. [
@SkyKaveh

How the fuck can they do this for a contact sport and the training they have to do face to face not over zoom or whatever

Kill me now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.