COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t dispute that.

However, the effectiveness of a face mask is not clinically proven as a measure against the spread of virus.

If it slows it, great. Use a mask.

But you can’t expect the government to endorse something that has the potential not to work.

That is the only reason they are not pushing it and clearly why they didn’t order/make any.

Just washing your hands alone doesn't stop the spread of the virus but that is endorsed.

Washing hands, wearing gloves and wearing a face mask will help protect you alot more and it should be standard advice from the government.

Just washing your hands alone doesn't stop the spread of the virus but that is endorsed.

Washing hands, wearing gloves and wearing a face mask will help protect you alot more and it should be standard advice from the government.

Im not going to start an argument with you about hand washing vs a face mask and the effectiveness they have. That is just silly.

There is, very very clearly, 1 winner in that debate.

I don’t dispute that.

However, the effectiveness of a face mask is not clinically proven as a measure against the spread of virus.

But you can’t expect the government to endorse something that has the potential not to work.

That is the only reason they are not pushing it and clearly why they didn’t order/make any.
Well there are lots of things that are not clinically proven including 2 meters as a distance. They are being used because on the balance of probabilities they will reduce transmission. That is probably true of face masks as well and seems sensible as a public health measure.

***Warning some violent content***

German police officers WITHOUT masks attack man for not wearing mask in supermarket

You shouldn't post body-cam videos from ultra right wing idiots who trapped 2 police officers to be called to a supermarket and upload their glorious attack immediately by a 3rd person.
Citizens HAVE to protect nose and mouth in shops - policemen on duty can, depending on the situation.
The German-Russians presumably belong to so called 'Reichsbürger' who deny the legitimacy of the state and define their house as a separate state with their own laws. Morons.

Next time check the full story before posting pseudo-sensational stuff while assumingly not understanding the video language nor German police instructions. If you need more info about the case feel free to PM me.

LOL whatever fella die on that hill if you want.

Hand washing, the world over, is accepted as the most effective measure in stopping the spread of disease.

A face mask is not.

I’m not going to get involved in the pedantic nature of you’re argument because it is childish.

Hand washing, the world over, is accepted as the most effective measure in stopping the spread of disease.

A face mask is not.

I’m not going to get involved in the pedantic nature of you’re argument because it is childish.

Just on my way to MRI to tell them they only need to wash their hands as Proy says face masks are a waste of time.

The Prime Minister said there have now been 144 NHS workers and 131 social care workers whose deaths involved Covid-19.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-admits-275-22020374

This is shocking and makes me very sad

There are also 52 transport workers in London alone

People doing their jobs ,i went out to the local shop today and said to him thank you for working,i said it to the two chemists i use as well and to all the home shopping delivery guys,all of them look taken aback and said thank you that really is appreciated,whilst we were in lockdown those working kept people like me going

I might be a soppy cow but I like to make people feel appreciated for going above and beyond
It is indeed very sad.
I too try and thank people too. They may be doing their jobs but being polite and giving people praise doesn't cost anyone anything.

I don’t dispute that.

Or is it because they got caught with their pants down like the rest of the ppe and like most government departments are fucking useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.