Newcastle United takeover?

Our deal was done in total secrecy as we did not have a fat clown in charge. If Cashley had been our owner and the deal plastered all over, we would also have been dreaming of signing the worlds best. :et them dream, I would rather have Newcastle as rivals that red scum x 2 and Arsenal.

Have I missed something? Ashley hasn’t said a fucking word. IIRC he did an interview maybe 12-18 months ago where he said something to the effect of “once the story (of a takeover) gets in the media it ain’t gonna happen” and even used City as an example - no-one knew anything until it was done.

Have I missed something? Ashley hasn’t said a fucking word. IIRC he did an interview maybe 12-18 months ago where he said something to the effect of “once the story (of a takeover) gets in the media it ain’t gonna happen” and even used City as an example - no-one knew anything until it was done.

I only know what I read but IMO all the info/leaks have come from the Cashley camp.

I only know what I read but IMO all the info/leaks have come from the Cashley camp.

Not digging you out here but what makes you say that? I have seen nothing attributed to Ashley or his camp.
The media are usually quick to pounce on anything he says and he doesn’t strike me as media savvy enough to manipulate them, certainly from the way he lurches from one PR disaster to another.

Not digging you out here but what makes you say that? I have seen nothing attributed to Ashley or his camp.
The media are usually quick to pounce on anything he says and he doesn’t strike me as media savvy enough to manipulate them, certainly from the way he lurches from one PR disaster to another.

I am not sure why you think he is media savvy if he lurches from one PR disaster to another but I have seen little that has come out of Saudi. There have been a few hints by journalists that they have spoken to 'someone' who is involved but no direct quotes from Stavely or anyone else in that camp. On the other side of it we had reports of a rival bid from America, the fact that Cashley was lending the money to the consortium and various other stories. IMO the Saudis are similar in nature to Sheikh Mansour and they believe you don't shout about any deals until they are done.

I am not sure why you think he is media savvy if he lurches from one PR disaster to another but I have seen little that has come out of Saudi. There have been a few hints by journalists that they have spoken to 'someone' who is involved but no direct quotes from Stavely or anyone else in that camp. On the other side of it we had reports of a rival bid from America, the fact that Cashley was lending the money to the consortium and various other stories. IMO the Saudis are similar in nature to Sheikh Mansour and they believe you don't shout about any deals until they are done.

No, I said he doesn’t strike me as media savvy.
Tho you may have a point about rival bidders etc.

Strange business if this Saudi investment fund is worth even more than Sheikh Mansour and they still can’t get it over the line.

Most of the details about this seem to have come from documents submitted to company house by the buying side.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ashley's side leaks pieces here na there but this looks to be driven mainly by Amanda Staveley. If it falls through though Ashley will probably do another "exclusive interview" like he did when Rafa left.

Most of the details about this seem to have come from documents submitted to company house by the buying side.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ashley's side leaks pieces here na there but this looks to be driven mainly by Amanda Staveley. If it falls through though Ashley will probably do another "exclusive interview" like he did when Rafa left.

I just wish the Geordie fans well. If they get rid of Cashley brilliant, they win whatever happens after that.

I just wish the Geordie fans well. If they get rid of Cashley brilliant, they win whatever happens after that.
Thank you. The day Mike Ashley walks out the door for the last time will be a day of celebration for me. Like a lot of others I'm curious about what's happening, what's the hold up?

Thank you. The day Mike Ashley walks out the door for the last time will be a day of celebration for me. Like a lot of others I'm curious about what's happening, what's the hold up?

The hold up ? No one likes you...………. welcome to our club :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.