Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I've said it before but if the players are scared to play and the powers that be can't guarantee their safety, in writing, then all get together and refuse point blank to play.
If the players agree and want to play , then thats a very different thing.
They should just stand up for themselves or better still, their joke of a union should be advising the premier league to go fcuk themselves, on behalf of their members.

Naaaahhh ... I think they're close to getting it all figured out. Just need a few tweaks here and there

6a6393f9cc81be3a505b786498294aaf.jpg
Yeah his mouth and nose need covering ;-)

* don't try this at home with cling film.

This should be shot down in flames straight away, The Leeds manager was dragged over the coals last year for spying on a training session but now they want us to record them and supply them to the FA. Seriously why would they need access to these?
To ensure adherence to specific covid rules in case of liability would be my guess

Here's a paper but it hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.30.20085613v1

Couldn't tell you what it all means but it sounds positive!

it means that people who get infected generally raise antibodies to the virus which can be detected by immunoassay. Also that by gathering samples from upper respiratory tract of previously infected people (likely by using mouthwashes or swabs), it’s possible to detect viral components upto 28 days after symptoms have gone.

in a nutshell they’ve got two methods for determining who’s been infected.

then some speculation about whether in conforms immunity....which is a bit of a stretch.

I've said it before but if the players are scared to play and the powers that be can't guarantee their safety, in writing, then all get together and refuse point blank to play.
If the players agree and want to play , then thats a very different thing.
They should just stand up for themselves or better still, their joke of a union should be advising the premier league to go fcuk themselves, on behalf of their members.
Have the PFA spoke recently?

TV companies have been told to prepare for the #PremierLeague season to resume with one live game on Friday June 12 or 19, followed by four live matches at separate kick-off times on Saturday and Sunday, before the return of Monday Night Football. [
@MailSport

Security staff at #PremierLeague training grounds are being warned about the prospect of autograph hunters gathering at the gates. Clubs will advise players not to lower their car windows and interact. [
@MailSport

The opening game will be televised on a Friday night by Sky, who would show four matches each weekend, with one on BT and the remaining five likely to be made free-to-air. [
@MailSport
]

TV companies have been told to prepare for the #PremierLeague season to resume with one live game on Friday June 12 or 19, followed by four live matches at separate kick-off times on Saturday and Sunday, before the return of Monday Night Football. [
@MailSport

Security staff at #PremierLeague training grounds are being warned about the prospect of autograph hunters gathering at the gates. Clubs will advise players not to lower their car windows and interact. [
@MailSport

The opening game will be televised on a Friday night by Sky, who would show four matches each weekend, with one on BT and the remaining five likely to be made free-to-air. [
@MailSport
]
Not interested thanks :) if sky and/or bt start charging me again for football without fans, they'll be getting cancelled.

The #PremierLeague restart is expected to be pushed back by at least seven days from June 12 to June 19, after players and managers expressed concerns that major questions needed to be answered over the risks of a return to full-contact training and games.
@TeleFootball

And just what will change the dynamic in this seven day period? Wizards casting magical protection spells for all those involved?

Not interested thanks :) if sky and/or bt start charging me again for football without fans, they'll be getting cancelled.
I got rid of bt and not going back,sky is on pause but I get to watch all my recorded games and some old ones on the footy channels,i can watch games new and old other ways but have resisted moving away from something I can record,it is time I do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.