Self-employed & Coronavirus

Did they also set this up as a stand-alone separate business account, pal?

I've gone online this morning and can see I now have another RBS LTD account detailed as a loan but with zero funds in as yet?

I just thought the money would be paid directly into my existing business account?

Do you have to run this as a separate entity or can I transfer funds from the loan account directly into my regular business account, just so I can show the paper trail?

Strange as it went straight into my business account. Did you give details of your account when you applied? Do you business bank with RBS or another bank?

Strange as it went straight into my business account. Did you give details of your account when you applied? Do you business bank with RBS or another bank?

It's gone into my main business account now mate :)- they explained the other account is set up so you can make your loan repayments directly back into it.

The Tizer is all on me!!

It's gone into my main business account now mate :)- they explained the other account is set up so you can make your loan repayments directly back into it.

The Tizer is all on me!!

Just pleased you are sorted mate.

The wife is currently furloughed and got a letter today from her boss saying she is being made redundant as of 31st July which is when the government will ask the employer to contribute to wages again. 6 years she has been there and its a cunts trick but what can you do?

Quite agree....Had a board meeting earlier today with my other 50% partner ( the wife over breakfast...) and to be frank I could get used to this. So much so that I decided to cut back, slow down, ease off. 10, 20 years ago I'd have taken on the world for the 3rd time but now I dont give a shit, this virus malarky has changed my perception, for the better. Going to cull my customers, late or bad payers, small and somewhat borderline profitable ones, all going. Less work but probably more cost effective. Its something I've done before but it feels different now. I'll call it semi retirement and fuck about 3 days a week.
Are you a doctor?

Just pleased you are sorted mate.

The wife is currently furloughed and got a letter today from her boss saying she is being made redundant as of 31st July which is when the government will ask the employer to contribute to wages again. 6 years she has been there and its a cunts trick but what can you do?

It's fucking disgusting mate, I feel for you both.

Will she be entitled to any redundo?

Sadly, I expect this to become the norm for most of these firms, taking the cash while it was there, limiting their own exposure, then fucking their employees off - beyond cynical.

The government are about to learn that we're not all in this together, and those at the bottom of the pile are about to be left up shit creek without a paddle.

It's why I'm relaxed about this bounce back loan. If I go down fighting, at least I tried.

What about taking your missus on in your business? You could use the bounce back to pay two salaries out, no?

It's fucking disgusting mate, I feel for you both.

Will she be entitled to any redundo?

Sadly, I expect this to become the norm for most of these firms, taking the cash while it was there, limiting their own exposure, then fucking their employees off - beyond cynical.

The government are about to learn that we're not all in this together, and those at the bottom of the pile are about to be left up shit creek without a paddle.

It's why I'm relaxed about this bounce back loan. If I go down fighting, at least I tried.

What about taking your missus on in your business? You could use the bounce back to pay two salaries out, no?

Exactly and being skint and on your arse after this has all unfolded will be the norm and not to be worried about unfortunately. She gets 6 weeks so with furlough and redundancy she is effectively paid up till the end of September so not dire straights as of yet. Plan was always for our business to employ us both (we are both directors) and we dont employ anyone else so its use the loan to build the business as quickly as possible. We are a health and beauty seller of organic/vegan products online and are on Amazon and Ebay. Currently building our shopify website as well and hopefully thats ready to go in the next few weeks. You can only try your best mate.

Exactly and being skint and on your arse after this has all unfolded will be the norm and not to be worried about unfortunately. She gets 6 weeks so with furlough and redundancy she is effectively paid up till the end of September so not dire straights as of yet. Plan was always for our business to employ us both (we are both directors) and we dont employ anyone else so its use the loan to build the business as quickly as possible. We are a health and beauty seller of organic/vegan products online and are on Amazon and Ebay. Currently building our shopify website as well and hopefully thats ready to go in the next few weeks. You can only try your best mate.

Kudos to you both mate, it takes plenty of guts to upscale a business in a global pandemic, rather than sit tight.

It will be people like you that deserve to succeed. Get your missus on the payroll, though. At least then you will have some extra personal cash coming in, while the business upgrades.

It might even be worth a thread on here, Mods?

Bluemooners advertising their own businesses and services on a sticky thread?

I can offer PR, writing and first class proof reeding ;)

Kudos to you both mate, it takes plenty of guts to upscale a business in a global pandemic, rather than sit tight.

It will be people like you that deserve to succeed. Get your missus on the payroll, though. At least then you will have some extra personal cash coming in, while the business upgrades.

It might even be worth a thread on here, Mods?

Bluemooners advertising their own businesses and services on a sticky thread?

I can offer PR, writing and first class proof reeding ;)

You will need a cruelty free vegan certified natural and organic hand cream I think whilst doing all that ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.