"Stupendous!"

I know the answer to the conundrum, people. I actually posted something similar in Autumn 2012, but got responses describing it as a fairy tale, so, hey ho, here goes again. Given the ongoing was it Martin or Niall debate raging at the time, I took advantage of the fact that we sit directly behind the commentators in Colin Bell, Block 327, to take a short letter/note to what I think was the first 4pm Sunday home game of the 2012-13 season - that is, a live on Sky fixture when both the boys would be about. Obviously I had to keep this whole letter plan a closely guarded secret from Mrs Harvster, who, if she were aware of my cunning plan, would have ensured that there was no such thing being taken to the game, as it was bound to be yet another cause of great embarrassment for her, from yours truly!

Anyway, about 20 minutes before kick off, gave note in envelope marked Martin Tyler to the engineer bloke (there is always a tech guy with them) who duly passed it on. I explained in the note that I was positioned a few rows directly behind, awaiting the all important info.

Martin opens the envelope and reads contents, which were roughly along the lines of debate among City fans as to which of them said 'stupendous' when Sergio scored that goal - can they confirm?

Martin reads it and clearly doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about, passes it to Niall, who clearly does know exactly what I'm on about and immediately acts like a bloke who has already been asked a hundred times before. They both turn round to locate the culprit, at which point I have to give a queen style kind of half wave, whilst presumably laughing my tits off. tyler points repeatedly at quinn, as in, there's your answer fella
So it was quinn, which was a cause of grave disappointment for me, as I was very much in the tyler camp. I know not if Martin kept my little letter for posterity purposes to add to his 'I Love Liverpool' scrap-book, though I very much doubt it

it was quinn as he confirmed it himself when over on the isle of man! tricky rick holden was on a night out with him and quinny said it was him when i asked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.