Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yeah it’s absolute bonkers and it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion the season won’t be completed.

Null and void is def off the table and they can’t end as now as some teams have a game in hand, so it will probably end being done on the points per game scenario
why is null and void off the table,its the most sensible option, some teams wont go down some teams wont go up,null and void and use the positions of last season for the European places, some teams will be happy some wont, there is no solution that is going to please everyone.as for being sued by teams that isn't going to hold much water with a court,there is no other option.

Scargill and Taylor have much in common, both more concerned with feathering their nest than looking after their members.

Scargill supported his members and fought for them.
Taylor hasn't even opened his mouth yet.
Sorry, yes he has, let's have shorter halves FFS

Yeah it’s absolute bonkers and it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion the season won’t be completed.

Null and void is def off the table and they can’t end as now as some teams have a game in hand, so it will probably end being done on the points per game scenario
Null and void is very much on the table. Any attempt to award titles and decide European and relegation issues based on current standings will meet with a raft of legal challenges. If the season isn’t completed null and void is by far the most likely outcome

why is null and void off the table,its the most sensible option, some teams wont go down some teams wont go up,null and void and use the positions of last season for the European places, some teams will be happy some wont, there is no solution that is going to please everyone.as for being sued by teams that isn't going to hold much water with a court,there is no other option.

FA chairman Greg Clarke has already stipulated the season will not be null and voided with the final positions set to be decided on ‘sporting merit’ if matches cannot be played.

If the PL tried to null and void the FA would enforce their right to decide the final outcome.

They have never enforced their right to final decisions in the past but when it involves their beloved Liverpool being crowned champions or not I’m sure they would step in

Last edited:
Declare Liverpool the 'winners' but NOT Champions...give them the winners money but not the pot. Rest stays as is. That's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FA chairman Greg Clarke has already stipulated the season will not be null and voided with the final positions set to be decided on ‘sporting merit’ if matches cannot be played.

If the PL tried to null and void the FA would enforce their right to decide the final outcome.

They have never enforced their right to final decisions in the past but when it involves their beloved Liverpool being crowned champions or not I’m sure they would step in
Does the FA have jurisdiction over the PL ?

Does the FA have jurisdiction over the PL ?

Yes something to do with the shares they own in the PL.

Like I said they have never publicly gone against the PL in the past but they have come out stating Null & Void is not an option and would over rule if the option was put forward.

If it was any other team other than Liverpool & possibly Utd on the verge of being crowned I would bet my life it would have been null and voided weeks ago

I agree completely with your sentiments and the point you're making.

However I'm not sure that the F.A. regard Liverpool* as their beloved. Again I get your point and I know exactly where you're coming from.

The reality is that Liverpool* have been irrelevant for years as far as the premier league is concerned. It's only really since Klopp arrived and more recently since they were the only team likely to get inbetween us winning the premier league title (again).

The F.A. didn't give a toss about Liverpool* when the rags were winning the premier league every year. I've said several times before on other threads it's not Liverpool* the F.A. get behind it's which ever football club find themselves second to us in the title race.

Give it a couple of years when Klopp is just a distant memory and Liverpool* return to type languishing around fifth or sixth in the league you'll rarely hear about them.

The other thing to remember in all this is that if we we're in the position that Liverpool* find themselves in do you honestly think there would be this much effort put into "Operation Restart".

I believe the footballing authorities would be placing the onus firmly at the door of Manchester City if it was us in the lead. The F.A. would be putting pressure on the club to put out a statement suggesting that in the interest of public safety and for the moral integrity of the premier league this season should be made null and void.

It's all getting ridiculous now. There is no satisfactory solution here except the virus miraculously vanishes and the season is played out, home and away in front of fan's as it should be. If that's not possible then its just cancelled and the clubs have to take a reduced payment from the tv revenue for the matches not played.

Positions stay as they are at finish but no titles, promotions or relegations. It's tough but if football hasn't noticed it's tough for everybody not just them so they will have to suck it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.