Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I was a student at University of Manchester. I did a Masters there in Astronomy and Astrophysics. I stayed on to write my research up as 'staff visitor', bu now I have accepted a Doctoral scholarship to work on a project related to Exomars (a joint Russian and European space agency mission to Mars delayed now to 2022). It relates to the Rosalind Franklin rover which is due to launch in 2022. I'll be using neutron diffraction to study the affect of perchlorate salts on the hydrogen bonding in water molecules, investigating the boundaries of life, and the self-assembly of bio-molecules, the initial building blocks of life.
Yeah right

Yes something to do with the shares they own in the PL.

Like I said they have never publicly gone against the PL in the past but they have come out stating Null & Void is not an option and would over rule if the option was put forward.

If it was any other team other than Liverpool & possibly Utd on the verge of being crowned I would bet my life it would have been null and voided weeks ago
I don’t think it’ll be that easy for the FA to just arbitrarily decide on a course of action, lawyers of clubs involved will be rubbing their hands with glee

if the season is ended, I don't give a toss if they give Liverpool the title or not. Everybody, including the lesser cultish scousers, will know they haven't really won it and it's just a gesture. The club should be embarrassed to celebrate it and add it to their honours list... although obviously they will as they have no shame

In wild speculation, I'd null and void, promote Leeds and West Brom, relegate Norwich and then do a reverse pre-season play-offs for the final premier league club to be relegated from Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham.

Just reading the prem leagues insane training protocols! Lol please read them

I visited my parents yesterday and was telling them about this exact topic.

Anyway, as I was telling them about these protocols and reported changes for matches they were laughing hysterically. They actually thought I was making it up. Especially the one about "turning your head" making a tackle. My dad even commented "that's good advice to suffer a neck injury".

My point - if a couple over 70-yr-old Americans who don't really follow the sport can see this for what it is - a total farce - why is it still moving forward? Purely a rhetorical question as I think I know the answer.

And yes, I kept my social distance during the visit. And did not spit. ;)

Pep Guardiola, Frank Lampard, Nigel Pearson and Graham Potter have all raised concerns about the #PremierLeague returning and rushing back to games. Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp, Roy Hodgson and Carlo Ancelotti were among those keen for the #PL to resume. [
@MirrorFootball

Jose Mourinho told his fellow managers at the League Managers’ Association meeting: “If you don’t want to play, stay home and watch Bundesliga!” Roy Hodgson said it was safer to be at the training ground rather than make a trip to Tesco. [
@MirrorFootball

#ManCity players and coaching/medical staff will be tested for COVID-19 next week after a drive-through testing station was installed over the last 48 hours at the CFA. Players will be tested in the car park to ensure it is safe for them to be on the premises. [
@DailyStar_Sport

OFFICIAL: Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to be allowed to enter into short-term contract extensions with players whose deals are due to expire on 30 June of this year.

Clubs and players will now have until 23rd June to agree extensions. [
@premierleague

Anyone know where we are with players graciously taking a pay cut?..I have recently been clipped 15% myself by my employers without whinging or recourse to unions/employment law. Assuming the greedy b*stards are just dragging the process out till the pot is drained?
On the same day actors, investment bankers and CEOs do. Or are pressured to.

Not listened to talkSPORT for months. For some reason I put it on today. Some guy called Nick (not sure dips he was a punter, journo or ex-pro) saying that he has to go to work, so should footballers. Completely ignoring the fact that we all should have procedures in place to reduce potential exposure that competitive team sports simply can’t. A weird bubble some are in.

Not sure if it’s been posted but saw an article earlier with the stance of every club regarding restarting the season. If true then City are the least arsed of all about resuming and Spurs are the most desperate. Nothing to do with that not insignificant stadium debt eh Mr Levy? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.