COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt you can fight it off the question is whether you get enough or good enough quality antibodies to become immune,studies so far are suggesting that some age groups don't produce any decent antibodies and some do,this is the interesting bit and not quite what is expected
The antibody test will give us answers but as the CMO at the briefing said today you can't rush science,people will need to tested and re-tested for some time

Im not talking about immunity Karen Im talking about the ability of the body to fight the thing off anyway without full immunity, which happens in the vast majority of cases

I think that news was out a while ago. Something about killer cells which take out the virus before antibodies even get an opportunity to build. Guessing it's good for the body at the time but not great news in terms of these tests and for building immunity. If antibodies aren't produced and only these killer cells have been used, I don't know if that means your body has literally built no immunity or what.
I guess it's good news in a way in that they caught it and recovered before the immune system became fully engaged. The important questions are:
1. Can people who recover spread the virus after initial infection before recovery.
2. With subsequent reinfection, does the imune system respond immediately preventing spread of the virus or does the whole process start from scratch.
Both have big impacts on the posibility of 2nd or subsequent infection waves.

Watched a program on BBC catch up at a family members house whilst social distancing as we don't have a TV License etc. It was called Hospital and one of the most harrowing watches I have seen this year. If you get a chance tune in as staff at the Royal Free London battle it out with Covid-19. Contains strong language and some very upsetting scenes.

Just watched both episodes, that really hit home what all the staff in hospitals had to cope with at the height of covid. Like you said very harrowing watch, how a patient can go downhill so quickly,

We owe a fucking big debt of gratitude to all the nhs staff.

Not sure,guessing I would say you might get protection till that acute illness phase has gone so maybe a couple of weeks or something then everything settled down and then it could come back as you didn't get any actual immunity,just a guess though,i have have studied the immune system many times to exam levels but that was a long time ago
The immunity question is what fasinates me the most and why nobody will commit yet after they initially said it would act the same as other corona viruses
Are there any documented cases of reinfection ? Can't say I've seen any, and enough people in the world have had it by now for an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.