COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 months since my first symptoms. Now had swab test and negative but I’m not sleeping well, get warm and tired at the end if the day and have very little taste and smell. Anyone else still experiencing this?

I’ve also had the blood test also. I have the antibodies that give you a longer term immunity but also the different antibodies that you get a put the start of the infection. This is the puzzle, does my body think it’s still fighting a new infection or is it fighting secondary infections? Either way it keeps pulling me down. Very frustrating.

you said you were meeting your maker the day you get your vaccine, so I twisted it round from being about you dying to doing something nice like taking your parents (your actual makers) out for dinner instead.[/QUOTE Got it sorry its past my bed time

As I don't subscribe, cab you explain what this has to do with the virus, or is it purely political ? If it is can you post it in the other thread in the political forum please.
Wrong thread I moved it to the right one and deleted the original.

There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from Covid-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection," the organisation said.
According to Li QinGyuan, director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at China Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...id-19-twice-sick-spread-relapse-a9400691.html

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1498

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...s-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/#6763

There have been a few in Korea and China 12 of them had shown it was a testing issue,there are some in america and in Italy a footballer tested positive four times

@cleavers

I don’t think we’ll know for a long time if there’s a 100% immunity - i suspect there will be some cases where someone get reinfected, but in the main that will be pretty rare.

There have been a few in Korea and China 12 of them had shown it was a testing issue,there are some in america and in Italy a footballer tested positive four times
Some of that could be faulty tests, there seems to be plenty on the go.

When there is a confirmed case of someone that's had it, having it again, but 3 1/2 million people have been tested positive around the world and there are only a handful of stories suggesting that someone could have had it more than once, its a pretty big sample, even in a very much larger world population.

2 months since my first symptoms. Now had swab test and negative but I’m not sleeping well, get warm and tired at the end if the day and have very little taste and smell. Anyone else still experiencing this?

I’ve also had the blood test also. I have the antibodies that give you a longer term immunity but also the different antibodies that you get a put the start of the infection. This is the puzzle, does my body think it’s still fighting a new infection or is it fighting secondary infections? Either way it keeps pulling me down. Very frustrating.

Can't help with the answers to your questions mate. Either way I hope you're on the mend soon. Can imagine the frustration would be difficult but you'll get there.

Some of that could be faulty tests, there seems to be plenty on the go.

When there is a confirmed case of someone that's had it, having it again, but 3 1/2 million people have been tested positive around the world and there are only a handful of stories suggesting that someone could have had it more than once, its a pretty big sample, even in a very much larger world population.

Yeah I think in the case of Dybala and some of the south Koreans they were testing positive 4,5,6 weeks after being symptom free but what they were finding was dead lung cells which were still giving off a positive reading even though they were actually no longer infected.

I sort of have to agree with @gavvo and its only guesswork not based on any scientific knowledge but surely those who are fighting off the virus before producing antibodies are still capable of producing some kind of natural immunity, even if it's not through the usual means of antibodies themselves. As I say, just guesswork but would make sense to me or else the infection rate would be higher with young folk getting infected time and time again already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.