Drain pipe brackets snapped

BlueMedic

Neighbour has helpfully pointed out that the main pipe on the side of our house has come somewhat loose - turns out the top bracket has snapped on one side, so it's just about being held on but who knows how long for.

Thought I'd be able to fix this myself but cannot seem to find large pipe brackets anywhere - bought largest ones from B&Q and still too small, just about right for diameter but its the depth of the pipe from the wall that's the issue.

Have looked at all the well known DIY shops online and all just seem to have the same 2-3 products that won't fit - was wondering if anyone on here who uses this sort of equipment more frequently knows where I should be looking?

Or am I resigned to having to hire someone else to fix it.

Neighbour has helpfully pointed out that the main pipe on the side of our house has come somewhat loose - turns out the top bracket has snapped on one side, so it's just about being held on but who knows how long for.

Thought I'd be able to fix this myself but cannot seem to find large pipe brackets anywhere - bought largest ones from B&Q and still too small, just about right for diameter but its the depth of the pipe from the wall that's the issue.

Have looked at all the well known DIY shops online and all just seem to have the same 2-3 products that won't fit - was wondering if anyone on here who uses this sort of equipment more frequently knows where I should be looking?

Or am I resigned to having to hire someone else to fix it.
You can borrow my cock ring until screwfix opens if you like?

Give the local pik Irish lads a call. If they can tarmac drives, and fix loose slates on your roof, then a simple downpipe bracket should be a piece of piss for them.

That's the one I bought but it's not deep enough, falls a couple of CM short of the wall.

If its just the distance from the wall can't you fasten through a block?
Trying to picture in my head what that would look like looks a bit out of place - the other brackets on the pipe attach directly to the wall, just can't find anything like them shape/size wise.

That's the one I bought but it's not deep enough, falls a couple of CM short of the wall.
If you fix a piece of wood behind it that should sort it out . If you are not confident in screwing it you can buy some outdoor gorilla glue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.