Vimto

I grew up just off Ayres Road, which is where the Vimto factory was, didn't drink anything else as a kid. Another favourite brand is Duerr's jam and their factory was literally just round the corner from Vimto on Prestage Street and one of my friends Dad worked there. 2 great brands so close, brilliant.

I grew up just off Ayres Road, which is where the Vimto factory was, didn't drink anything else as a kid. Another favourite brand is Duerr's jam and their factory was literally just round the corner from Vimto on Prestage Street and one of my friends Dad worked there. 2 great brands so close, brilliant.

Duerrs....happy days.

Can't get Vimto in Ireland, at least not around where I am. Or Dandelion and Burdock either. Any time I get over for a game, I always have a bottle or two of D&B

True story:
About 40 odd years ago a lad I knew was accidentally shot in the leg ( He had to be operated on later ) by his older brother with a home made gun/rifle which used gunpowder and a ball bearing.
Distraught his older brother ran up to him as he was lying on the ground and asked if he could do anything, to which the younger brother lifted his head and replied in a subdued voice. " Get me some vimto."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.