COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.
My wife is a secondary school teacher & it really pisses me off when uneducated clowns think that it’s an easy job with loads of holidays.
I’ve said to another poster on here as well as other people throughout my life ‘if it’s such an easy job with loads of time off, why don’t you become one?’.
They don’t have an answer.

I’m a huge supporter of teachers because I know how fucking hard they work.
Ignore the ignorant mate. Most know teachers put in the hours outside of the classroom and termtimes

Great post.
My wife is a secondary school teacher & it really pisses me off when uneducated clowns think that it’s an easy job with loads of holidays.
I’ve said to another poster on here as well as other people throughout my life ‘if it’s such an easy job with loads of time off, why don’t you become one?’.

And the lesson planning is not exactly easy either. So much red tape and paper work, at least in my limited experience. I’m not a teacher, my sister is though. But when travelling I did some English teaching in Asia to try to get a bit of money in and really struggled. The lesson planning and making sure you’re meeting all the criteria, getting it approved etc was the toughest part. I know it’s probably miles different here to abroad, but I doubt it would be any easier. Probably the opposite! I only had 20 hours per week of English lessons to teach, but I’d spend about 45-50 hours per week working in total (since I’m not a teacher I suppose! Not efficient at it!). So I can’t imagine what it’s like having over 30 hours of lessons.

Great post.

Was there really any need for all that swearing, you got your point across admirably without the need for unpleasantries” think on dear chap there’s young supporters who read this forum probably of school age

Didn't studies by the Robert Koch Institute basically debunk this entire theory or at least treat it with the utmost skepticism?
Best go tell the Swiss that then.
From the evidence I have seen children can pass the disease on but nothing like they do for flu and other diseases.
Much as I appreciate the tomes of the RKI (a great resource) I have yet to see a report that rules in children being anything other than a minor source of infection for Covid-19.
Many are sceptical of far east studdies that the Swiss are accepting but, the west did well with denying that facemasks/face coverings work in confined spaces, a policy that doomed an additional 25%-64% to catch the virus when they didn't need too.

Last edited:
So Sly news reporting on the Covid sniffer dogs that could be used to detect if you are infected.

Maybe it works but I would rather have a test

My son in law is a school head. The government and local authorities have been duscussing the issues with primary heads for 4 weeks. FOUR weeks.
(Note: Not every school but a very large subset - a few in each authority. it is up to local authorities if this information is shared with other schools.)

But not Govt talking with unions and teacher/teaching associations.

Best go tell the Swiss that then.

Lothar Wieler,head of Germanys leading disease control body Robert Koch Institute,said on Thursday that children play just as important a role in spreading the disease as adults. “They can be infected, they can excrete the virus and they can infect others,” he said.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but they already have told them.

not starting an argument, but have a read up on a teachers working life and see if it changes your mind.

there is a lot more too it than most people think.

https://www.weareteachers.com/teacher-overtime/

and then you have the fact they have to deal with kids every day!! Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Even before understanding the demands on teachers, I pity them having to deal with the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.