COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schools in Worcestershire are opening the week of the 1st June. Smaller classes for reception and years 1 and 6 and part time. Bubbles for children in each class (4-8 per bubble depending on school size). I child sick or parent sick and the whole bubble isolates for 2 weeks. Teachers with underlying health conditions doing non front line duties.
It all seems rather sensible to me.

Last edited:
I wonder if he has any evidence to suggest such a thing or is it wishful thinking?

He said people should be back to work and schools.open on May 4th in April much to the bafflement of his peers.

He is big into alternative medicine and is an expert on cancer not viruses so I would say it is wishfull thinking based on his own personal opinion.

He also calls the NHS the last bastion of communism.

Yeah, it’s shit that. Was talking to a girl on the Tesco check-out today who is hoping to go to university in September but has no idea if they’re even taking on students, or what her grades will be. Equally shit for GCSE students, and also year 6’s. They’ve all missed out on a hugely important part of their development and education.
My granddaughter has had her final year at Uni abandoned without her prepared for final exams leaving her still paying for accommodation and frustrated at not being able to get the job she has studied for (legal degree).

Please happen.

I wonder if he has any evidence to suggest such a thing or is it wishful thinking?

There is some anecdotal evidence of this in Stockholm. They do random testing for antibodies. They estimated 25% at one point but also said they saw signs of herd immunity in the number of cases being reported at the same time. Those two things don't agree, so there is something going on which isn't fully understood.

I think we still need to get a vaccine. Even if the infection level drops it's not going to disappear on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.