Who’s gone in the summer?

Sterling value has reached the top and I think its the best time to sell since he is not BIG GAME player for me.

I don't want to remember how many times he let us down in big important difficult games.

I appreciate his late goals against mid table clubs which were important, but IF you consider what the club is paying him and how much we can sell him, he might be the right player to sell.

For Jesus, I hope he meet the Brazilian media expectations, but I can't see him yet as good enough to replace Sergio.

I would be tempted to agree on your stance on Sterling (considering how he is unable to improve his form). However, we can’t really afford losing our 2nd quickest player considering Sane is already daydreaming about Bavaria and Oktoberfest. Moreover, we need to keep some of the integrity of the squad otherwise it is a developmental year next season with so many new players.

Sterling value has reached the top and I think its the best time to sell since he is not BIG GAME player for me.

I don't want to remember how many times he let us down in big important difficult games.

I appreciate his late goals against mid table clubs which were important, but IF you consider what the club is paying him and how much we can sell him, he might be the right player to sell.

For Jesus, I hope he meet the Brazilian media expectations, but I can't see him yet as good enough to replace Sergio.
Sterling has struggled to regain lost form but he's also not had the same service he's had the previous two years due to the drop in pace of our attacking play. We've played safety first, eliminating risky passes in the build-up which has reduced Sterling's effectiveness, due to the lack of consistency and stability at the back with Laporte's injury and so many defensive changes. He'll be back to his best when the team recovers the confidence to play quicker.

As for Jesus, stop the comparison with Aguero and enjoy him for the player he is. It's impossible to replace Aguero like for like, we have to adapt just like we have done in the past. People said it was impossible to replace Toure, people said we couldn't play KDB and Silva in the same midfield three because they're too attack minded, we did because those two adapted their games tactically and we had two exceptional seasons.

This is not the summer to sell Sterling. No major clubs will be awash with cash - there will be few major transfers - ignore the press. Clubs have no money coming in and no real idea when that’ll change. If you’ve just been made redundant do you rush out and buy a Bentley? I can see us bringing a couple of players in but even City will look to balance the books - there’s too much uncertainty to going splashing the cash. There’s no guarantee of a successful vaccination - we could be living with this virus for years and it honestly could be 5 years before we get back to normality. Football is always slow to get its head around things - usually because it’s heads firmly up its arse - Football will be changed by this pandemic and it will need to adapt - the days of throwing money around like confetti are over (for now) and some hard financial facts are about to bite.

On Jesus - no he may not be good enough to replace Sergio but name a striker who we could realistically get who IS good enough...there arent many in the first instance and those that fall into the bracket of would be avaiable are very very few - Martinez already ahs said he only wants Barca - who else....KANE - for me vastly overrated regardless of his record and he aint fit to lace Sergios boots

It depend which position he is playing in.

Never good enough to replace Silva or KDB, but exceptional when playing as DM.

Its like having Pirlo playing as DM, he is the best DM playmaker.

I can't see him wanting to stick around as a backup DM to Rodri though, so, assuming we sign another CM, it makes sense for all parties if he finds a new club in the summer.

Would be good if Milan go back in for him, like the rumours we've seen in the past. Exciting project going on there if they hire Rangnick as well, so Gundogan would have the German connection.

This is not the summer to sell Sterling. No major clubs will be awash with cash - there will be few major transfers - ignore the press. Clubs have no money coming in and no real idea when that’ll change. If you’ve just been made redundant do you rush out and buy a Bentley? I can see us bringing a couple of players in but even City will look to balance the books - there’s too much uncertainty to going splashing the cash. There’s no guarantee of a successful vaccination - we could be living with this virus for years and it honestly could be 5 years before we get back to normality. Football is always slow to get its head around things - usually because it’s heads firmly up its arse - Football will be changed by this pandemic and it will need to adapt - the days of throwing money around like confetti are over (for now) and some hard financial facts are about to bite.
But if a company is cash rich they take advantage of a bad situation. For me personally sounds horrible but for 7 years I've been saving up to buy a house, when the market opens up again properly it would most likely be the best time to buy in a decade. Other clubs will need to sell to balance the books/reinvest in the squad. We could pick up talent like thuram, isak, Bellingham, etc. Dont want to sound cold but the best thing for football is city, PSG, newcastle, chelsea, barca, etc spend big and inject cash back into the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.