Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Dortmund have settled into it a bit, but not great. First touches are clumsy, not many tackles flying around, closing down is casual, and celebrations are muted: feels somewhere between a training game, a pre-season friendly, and a last game of the season between two mid-table sides that can't even move up or down a position but without any of the fans having a laugh to amuse themselves. A lot of the players don't look thrilled to be there, tbh.
Sounds dire mate.

I won't be one of the people contributing to the number of viewers so that they can turn around and say, "look how many people watched the German games, the public obviously want this".

If everybody switches off and they get appalling viewing figures, it weakens the argument that we need football back to improve the morale of the nation

What’s the intensity of play like?

The majority were going to answer that lime you thought they would.
Its just normal top flight football without a crowd..
How many times have you read on here that premier match with a full house was dire and no atmosphere.
Look at a City matchthread , its what they say for most matches

My lad is watching the German match in his room. I can hear the match mostly the players shouting. It doesnt sound great without fans. Now if the premier league restarts I guess the tv companys would have to turn all mic's of pitchside as you would ever swear word, or are all matches going to be after the 9pm watershed ?. If not our matches will be played in complete silence.

Correct and two huge big fingers to those of us who pay over our hard earned money to actually attend matches in the stadium. I am disgusted with the powers that be that have shown they do not value us at all. Lifting the nations moral my arse!

Yup. We're a commodity worth slightly less than the cocaine the fat cats sniff off their mahogany desks.

I reckon if the season restarts we will piss the league. We have no crowd so the players will not be affected, while Liverpool without the mighty kop and the bestest atmosphere ever willnot be able to cope.
Have you heard of var

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.