Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Lots of birds at the moment. Feeders going full bore, top them both up at least once a day(one is a two layer). Blue tits, great tits, green finch, goldfinch, blackbirds gleaning: only problems are the bloody wood pigeons and crows. The other problem is the rat. Can't put poison down because of the birds, I have a rat trap in a box but I have to move it at night because a hedgehog keeps getting its foot trapped in it. Wish I could find a way for it to take the trap, slathered in peanut butter and plenty of bird seed inside but it goes everywhere except in the f..king box.
Lie in wait and hit it with a bloody big spade.

Sad to find a dead baby hedgehog yesterday. It was directly outside the hog house - which is kind of weird coz I've never seen hogs use the house, ever.

The little hog was way too young to be out so I'm presuming it died soon after birth and the parents removed it (do hogs do that). There was a small amount of blood on it but other than that didn't look to have been attacked.

Last year two young hogs drowned in the pond, separately, 2 weeks apart. Hogs are good swimmers but the sides of the pond were high. I've redone those now so there's three 'climb-out' places around the pond.

Hog graveyard, my garden, getting pissed off with it...

Sad to find a dead baby hedgehog yesterday. It was directly outside the hog house - which is kind of weird coz I've never seen hogs use the house, ever.

The little hog was way too young to be out so I'm presuming it died soon after birth and the parents removed it (do hogs do that). There was a small amount of blood on it but other than that didn't look to have been attacked.

Last year two young hogs drowned in the pond, separately, 2 weeks apart. Hogs are good swimmers but the sides of the pond were high. I've redone those now so there's three 'climb-out' places around the pond.

Where do you live mate? Any hogs round here would be getting spit roasted.

We were lucky enough to have a family in our garden last year. Every night you could see them on the lawn rooting around for worms. Mother and two young uns. Then they completely disappeared. Turns out the mother had got trapped in next doors porch overnight and instead of just releasing it the neighbours had put it in a box and taken it half a mile away into the woods to be released. God knows what happened to the baby hogs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.