Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Correct and two huge big fingers to those of us who pay over our hard earned money to actually attend matches in the stadium. I am disgusted with the powers that be that have shown they do not value us at all. Lifting the nations moral my arse!

What a load of rubbish. The game owes you nothing mate believe it or not and regardless of the people who pay their hard earned money to enter the stadium, wages still need to be paid, facilities maintained, sponsors kept satisfied etc. I know every football fan thinks that the club are indebted to them but it's a business and without the matches being played the clubs are finished. Yes we all want fans there, it's clearly a lot better but in case you haven't noticed no fans are allowed at ANY sporting events and this is how it is now for a while. It's not a big two fingers up at anyone, it's trying to survive. Will you say the same when the gold masters have no fans or a big tennis tournament?

What a load of rubbish. The game owes you nothing mate believe it or not and regardless of the people who pay their hard earned money to enter the stadium, wages still need to be paid, facilities maintained, sponsors kept satisfied etc. I know every football fan thinks that the club are indebted to them but it's a business and without the matches being played the clubs are finished. Yes we all want fans there, it's clearly a lot better but in case you haven't noticed no fans are allowed at ANY sporting events and this is how it is now for a while. It's not a big two fingers up at anyone, it's trying to survive. Will you say the same when the gold masters have no fans or a big tennis tournament?
I see your point regarding keeping clubs going.
But I dont think spectators play as big a part in any other sport.

If they go the route of PPG I saw a table that said Liverpool would finish on 107, now do these stand as records or not, obviously don’t want them to be classed as centurions and as far as I’m concerned they never will be.

Liverpool getting 107 is complete bollocks - that means they draw 1 and win the rest of their games, yet they still have to come to our place.

I see your point regarding keeping clubs going.
But I dont think spectators play as big a part in any other sport.

Spectators of those sports would disagree. Football fans think they are the most important thing in the game, they're not. Of course the clubs want their fans there, the players no doubt love celebrating with their supporters imagine the buzz. ANY business in the world right now is trying to get going again for financial reasons, otherwise everyone would just sit tight and wait for this to go away.

What a load of absolute tripe. The clubs have their money so they only need to agree terms going forward with the tv companies, also I’m getting seriously sick and tired of hearing how clubs might not survive if they can’t get games played, it’s rubbish, clubs may not survive in their current guise but they’ll still be there, and ehy is a club going under more important than a local business going under? Maybe you should support your local butcher, baker and candlestick maker instead of the huge supermarkets if you’re that concerned about local establishments going bump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.