Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

A friend of mine has a pheasant in his garden that laid 14 eggs they all hatched last week , on Wednesday all 14 running about, this morning only 3 left gradually the magpies have taken them one at a time . Theye are to clever he turns back and another one gone.
He is well pissed off
I just ate pheasant last night, thanks

Two gold finches that are returning to our garden lately.
d3e50e635c10d48e28bb97e4139cafb2.jpg

Don't worry about it ,nature has a way to sort itself out
After not seeing any coming or going for 2 days I had a look this evening. There were 2 fledglings on Friday, I didnt realise at the time but one had already died (it was curled up and was in the same position today). Should I remove this from the nest? Will other birds use the nest again this year or has that time passed now? The other bird has flown the nest though which I'm really happy about.

We are getting a huge selection this year that we just haven't had before; woodpeckers goldfinches, bullfinches, song thrushes and grey wagtail.

We have a family of deer too that we catch glimpses of too, they're coming a lot closer to civilisation during this lockdown.

After not seeing any coming or going for 2 days I had a look this evening. There were 2 fledglings on Friday, I didnt realise at the time but one had already died (it was curled up and was in the same position today). Should I remove this from the nest? Will other birds use the nest again this year or has that time passed now? The other bird has flown the nest though which I'm really happy about.

We are getting a huge selection this year that we just haven't had before; woodpeckers goldfinches, bullfinches, song thrushes and grey wagtail.

We have a family of deer too that we catch glimpses of too, they're coming a lot closer to civilisation during this lockdown.
I would take it out,leave it on the ground for something to eat it,i don't know if they will use the nest again

I am jealous you get deer,i saw in the news animals wandering around a village because nobody was out at the start of the lockdown,i think the climate and nature are rather enjoying us being out of the way

I would take it out,leave it on the ground for something to eat it,i don't know if they will use the nest again

I am jealous you get deer,i saw in the news animals wandering around a village because nobody was out at the start of the lockdown,i think the climate and nature are rather enjoying us being out of the way
Thanks for that, I know not to go near a box again now anyway. The deer we haven't seen before this spring but have noticed them a few times now. We have 2 wooded areas to the front and back of the house but quite a busy road splitting them. They were ambling along by the road about 6 weeks ago, definitely enjoying the peace from us lot!

A friend of mine has a pheasant in his garden that laid 14 eggs they all hatched last week , on Wednesday all 14 running about, this morning only 3 left gradually the magpies have taken them one at a time . Theye are to clever he turns back and another one gone.
He is well pissed off
Hate fucking magpies,and that fucking noise they make like a clicking sound gets on my nerves,this one cocky bastard sits on our fence making that sound looking down at our dog who would love to get the fucker..

Loads in my garden scoffing the Niger seeds.
George there is no picture in your post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.