Awful songs by bands you love

The title says it all. Everybody has a band where they love/like/are ok with 90% of their songs. However, every now and then you hear one and think that song is some shite.

I love AC/DC. That being said, You Shook Me All Night Long is some complete rubbish! It is completely over played on classic rock stations. They have many, many better songs that don't get played on the radio nearly as often.

Another for me would be Hotel California by Eagles. IMO, at just over 7 minutes long, it is perfect for a dj to step out to have a smoke or run down the hall to use the toilet . Beyond that it is awful.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Eagles. Although Hotel California was one of the first albums I bought, and their early 70s stuff can be great, I think The Long Run is one of worst records ever made.

But I realized having read this again that you are absolutely right about AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long. It's actually the worst of their most popular songs. I have thought Back in Black is a thoroughly overrated record for years anyhow. Much prefer the stuff before it.

Some songs I think I hate I'm actually just tired of.
Lazy radio programming and compilation/playlist "curators" often include the same old stuff all the time until you're reaching for the off button.

Not s bad album but quite forgettable. When it came out I so wanted it to be as good as the first album and I listened to it over and over again as it was a bit of a grower. But I guess that was never gonna happen and it wasn’t in the same league

Not listened to it for years and couldn’t even say where the CD is in the house

10 Story Lovesong is as good as anything on the first album. The Stone Roses is, on balance, probably my fave album alongside Unknown Pleasures, but whenever I listen to it now, I always skip I Wanna Be Adored. It just grates.

10 Story Lovesong is as good as anything on the first album. The Stone Roses is, on balance, probably my fave album alongside Unknown Pleasures, but whenever I listen to it now, I always skip I Wanna Be Adored. It just grates.
Just my opinion but 10 story love song is the only quality song on a so underwhelming 2nd album

I have a love/hate relationship with the Eagles. Although Hotel California was one of the first albums I bought, and their early 70s stuff can be great, I think The Long Run is one of worst records ever made.

But I realized having read this again that you are absolutely right about AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long. It's actually the worst of their most popular songs. I have thought Back in Black is a thoroughly overrated record for years anyhow. Much prefer the stuff before it.
Never found the Eagles appealing.
Too Radio 2, easy listening for me.
The only song of theirs that I liked was HC.

Never found the Eagles appealing.
Too Radio 2, easy listening for me.
The only song of theirs that I liked was HC.

Lyin’ Eyes and Already Gone were good, and the guitar solo on Hotel California. I mean, I was 11 — what did I know? Then The Long Run came out and — ugh. Joe Walsh’s Life’s Been Good is better than anything the Eagles did IMO.

Nothing worse than watching a DJ set, dancing away and he slips in a shit tune. Ruins the vibe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.