What’s the best we’ve ever played?

The game when Pellegrini didn't know that we need another goal to top the group :D
I think he did.
He knew if we went all out for that goal. They would have scored two or three.
He just hoped we would get a chance and put it away. And we almost did.

Away to spurs in 2011/2012
Red and black striped kit
Nasri debut I think ???
Dzeko scoring for fun, including that bullet from 25 yards in closing stages
This is the game that immediately springs to mind (apart from the 6-1) for playing another team off the park.
The look on Nasris face when celebrating one of Dzekos goals was brilliant. He was thinking "fuck me, this lot are good!"

This is the game that immediately springs to mind (apart from the 6-1) for playing another team off the park.
The look on Nasris face when celebrating one of Dzekos goals was brilliant. He was thinking "fuck me, this lot are good!"

this was the game that made me think we were capable of winning the league, Aguero’s goal was good that day as well.

A couple of scrapping for our lives away games against title chasing opposition spring to mind although certainly not scrappy performances.
2-1 at Villa in about 1989? Peter Reid with a late winner. Edit April 1990.
3-2 at Blackburn with a great finish from Rosler to make it 2-2 and a late winner from Walsh.

found the other one!

Last edited:
this was the game that made me think we were capable of winning the league, Aguero’s goal was good that day as well.
A brilliant goal , think it was rose who must have thought he’d got Aguero covered & where he wanted him , on his left foot & too near the touch line ....next second he was round him & smashed it in .......the look on his face & the Spurs fans in the crowd, total class from Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.