What’s the best we’ve ever played?

Beating Watford 8-0

In the first half everything we did was perfect. Could easily have been 15-0.
Rarely see us dominate and just keep going. Was fantastic to watch.

when YaYa got the 3rd it was almost as if they'd had enough of fucking about and just thought it best to put a small animal out of its misery.
All the rags around me were punch-drunk. Genuinely bewildered.

The 6-1 they could rationalise. They had their chances but we won so comprehensively because they were chasing the game at the end. The United way. I thought the scoreline slightly flattered us, upon reflection.

In 2014 we absolutely brutalised them. The gap was bigger than any such gap (the other way, obvs) in the 90’s.

They were frightened of us that night. In the 6-1 they were anything but.

That was our best performance The night we totally owned united.

How could it be anything else?

All the rags around me were punch-drunk. Genuinely bewildered.

The 6-1 they could rationalise. They had their chances but we won so comprehensively because they were chasing the game at the end. The United way. I thought the scoreline slightly flattered us, upon reflection.

In 2014 we absolutely brutalised them. The gap was bigger than any such gap (the other way, obvs) in the 90’s.

They were frightened of us that night. In the 6-1 they were anything but.

That was our best performance The night we totally owned united.

How could it be anything else?
I agree with all that. Except (for the umpteenth time), stop putting a fucking apostrophe in 80's, 90's etc. It's '80s, '90s. You need to get back on court duty. All this trial without jury is atrophying a once great mind :-)

I agree with all that. Except (for the umpteenth time), stop putting a fucking apostrophe in 80's, 90's etc. It's '80s, '90s. You need to get back on court duty. All this trial without jury is atrophying a once great mind :-)
The jury thing doesn’t impact on me one way or the other.

The apostrophe thing is fair comment.

The jury thing doesn’t impact on me one way or the other.

The apostrophe thing is fair comment.
One of my biggest (footballing) regrets is never seeing City win at their place with my dad. The last derby we went to together was the 5-0 reverse. It was my birthday (a Thursday night IIRC) and we got back to town, where I lived, and he buried his match ticket in the gardens of the flats where I lived above the Arndale centre. I waved him goodbye, walked to the Hare and Hounds on Shudehiill and got hammered. When they demolished the flats I always wondered if that ticket somehow fluttered down onto the ground for someone to pick up. Unlikely I know but something in me has always wished that to have happened. I fucking love beating those ****s.

One of my biggest (footballing) regrets is never seeing City win at their place with my dad. The last derby we went to together was the 5-0 reverse. It was my birthday (a Thursday night IIRC) and we got back to town, where I lived, and he buried his match ticket in the gardens of the flats where I lived above the Arndale centre. I waved him goodbye, walked to the Hare and Hounds on Shudehiill and got hammered. When they demolished the flats I always wondered if that ticket somehow fluttered down onto the ground for someone to pick up. Unlikely I know but something in me has always wished that to have happened. I fucking love beating those ****s.
Yeah, in terms of a single game, nothing eclipses beating the rags. Not even close. Beating United is awesome!

I watched that game, of all places, at Rock City in Nottingham. I couldn’t get over, they were clients of mine, and they put it on for me, in the club, when the venue was in action. Unheard of! Wish they hadn’t!

Horrible night. Closest thing to the foregoing 2014 old trafford Derby, the other way round.

I watched that game, of all places, at Rock City in Nottingham. I couldn’t get over, they were clients of mine, and they put it on for me, in the club, when the venue was in action. Unheard of! Wish they hadn’t!

Horrible night. Closest thing to the foregoing 2014 old trafford Derby, the other way round.
seems so long ago, in so many ways. I can't kiss/hug my mum and dad at the mo, just chat from a distance. My dad's 82 now and last week spent the whole 90 mins I was there trying to rearrange the fucking bunting next door had arranged for VE Day. I miss so much seeing him before the match for a pint in Monroes. Me, my boy and my dad. All together. Man I miss that.
Anyway, back on thread, Nottingham - I remember some bar/club near the city centre. Sidwells? Was in there before/after a few Forrest/County games. Glass doors, big place. I'm too old and too pissed to remember!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.