Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'm not even sure that clubs have jurisdiction to test anybody.
Are they using the same tests as the NHS or something they have bought off ebay ?
Why would footballers get preference over nurses , doctors and care workers ?

Reactions: mat
After watching some of the German football yesterday it's obvious what a farce this restart is, when goals are scored they are dry humping each other, not one single fuck is given about Covid. The auxiliary staff aren't wearing masks in most cases and as for the swimming pool like noises that echo in an empty stadium it's a joke.

I'm expecting them to CGI crowds with full surround sound eventually.

We can all look forward to 90 minutes of magical atmosphere under the lights no matter when the game is or when it's played. Or 30 seconds on continual loop with some production assistant pressing the goal scored or conceded button.

After all, football only needs the atmosphere, not the actual fans.

I'm expecting them to CGI crowds with full surround sound eventually.

We can all look forward to 90 minutes of magical atmosphere under the lights no matter when the game is or when it's played. Or 30 seconds on continual loop with some production assistant pressing the goal scored or conceded button.

After all, football only needs the atmosphere, not the actual fans.
No doubt they'll still blare out You'll Never Walk Alone regardless of whether Liverpool are actually playing.

We are supposed to play Madrid on the weekend of the FA Cup final?

If we also factor a run into the Champions League final, the fact the Premier League want the new season to start at the end of August, beginning of September, means we already have one arm tied behind our backs for the following season in terms of rest and prep.

After watching some of the German football yesterday it's obvious what a farce this restart is, when goals are scored they are dry humping each other, not one single fuck is given about Covid. The auxiliary staff aren't wearing masks in most cases and as for the swimming pool like noises that echo in an empty stadium it's a joke.

And would you believe some poor fecker is paying hundreds of millions for that TV event.

If you really think those matches are a risk we would have to stop public transport immediately, no?

German clubs finish the season to get the 750m Euros on the cards. Otherwise they wouldn't.

It's about "at least £1bn if the Premier League failed to complete the 2019-20 season".
That's why EPL will be finished as well IMO, as new cases are declining.

It's money. The risks seem to be controllable.
No winners, no party, no new point records. Just money.

Last Wednesday, Deeney was in a meeting with the Premier League, other team captains and medical experts.

He said: "My problem was in the meeting, I asked very simple questions.

"For black, Asian and mixed ethnicities, they're four times more likely to get the illness, they're twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra, additional screening, heart stuff to see if people have got problems with that? No. OK, well I feel that should be addressed.

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.

"So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

Chapeau to Troy Deeney

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.