COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, how dare they get uneasy about losing their jobs, cancelling everything they have planned, worrying about vulnerable family members etc. If only they had 'common sense' hey? Cheers, BlueAndroid.

Edit - that 'BlueAndroid' thing was a flippant joke, before you get annoyed by it. It isn't fair to label everyone who is struggling as lacking common sense though. Quite cruel in fact.

I quite like it (Blue Android that is).

As to the rest, sorry but I'm not into touchy feely crap. Many are worried and frankly the government, business, unions and opposition are doing a pretty shit job of calming fears.
That said taking responsibility for your own actions helps dramatically.

No. Don’t agree with that. I worry. Bit like you have spent my life stressed by work mainly but have always coped mentally. What @twosips described is more a physical reaction and I have seen it at different times and in different ways with friends and relatives.

Panic attacks, physical responses, caused by mental health issues go way beyond worry so I do think there is a scale of response and everyone is very different. Those of us that cope with stress and just ‘worry’ are just fortunate rather than strong.

I'd never had any health problems, always thought I was invincible, never even been to the doctor until one day a couple of years back..... I was a bit dizzy at work and so went for a walk, the thinking about the reason for the dizziness got my heart racing which made me worse and then I had a full blown panic attack. There was pain up my arm, tunnel vision, pain in the chest area, couldn't breathe etc... I got back to the office, made my excuses and then drove myself to A&E thinking I was having a heart attack....... Turned out it wasn't a heart attack (at age 28!) obviously.

After that day I had a good few months of health worrying and the constant adrenaline in your system wipes you out. On some days I could barely lift my arms and my stomach went completely to pot with indigestion, cramps and then I started worrying about that.. At night, even the thought of not being able to sleep triggered my heart racing, sweating etc and I had plenty of sleepless nights.

Anxiety is 100% just a self-defeating cycle of worry that is triggered by something and it can floor you. Honestly I was one of those people who'd be saying you just need to be thicker skinned etc a few years ago... It honestly isn't true, it can be triggered for anyone.

For me it took 6 months to really calm it down and the physical symptoms went away. The only cure was accepting that anxiety was the real cause of all of my problems.

Scotland’s and Wales’ death rate is 30% lower than England’s so far. So at the moment they are in a better position overall.

45% of deaths in Scotand are in care homes.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...homes-death-toll-likely-significantly-higher/

21% of deaths in England are in Care Homes.
25% of deaths in Wales are in Care Homes.
37% average in the EU (66% in Spain)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...care-homes-than-european-states-idUSKBN22V1VI

Incidently in Canada its 81%
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...494ad4-947f-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html

Slightly higher overall death rate per in Scotland (9.5%) than in England (8.2%) from cases in hospital and care home. I Cant find the figure quickly for Wales.

Don't get me wrong some big fucking mistakes have been made. But the same mistakes are being made everywhere in the west.

Last edited:
I'd never had any health problems, always thought I was invincible, never even been to the doctor until one day a couple of years back..... I was a bit dizzy at work and so went for a walk, the thinking about the reason for the dizziness got my heart racing which made me worse and then I had a full blown panic attack. There was pain up my arm, tunnel vision, pain in the chest area, couldn't breathe etc... I got back to the office, made my excuses and then drove myself to A&E thinking I was having a heart attack....... Turned out it wasn't a heart attack (at age 28!) obviously.

After that day I had a good few months of health worrying and the constant adrenaline in your system wipes you out. On some days I could barely lift my arms and my stomach went completely to pot with indigestion, cramps and then I started worrying about that.. At night, even the thought of not being able to sleep triggered my heart racing, sweating etc and I had plenty of sleepless nights.

Anxiety is 100% just a self-defeating cycle of worry that is triggered by something and it can floor you. Honestly I was one of those people who'd be saying you just need to be thicker skinned etc a few years ago... It honestly isn't true, it can be triggered for anyone.

For me it took 6 months to really calm it down and the physical symptoms went away. The only cure was accepting that anxiety was the real cause of all of my problems.
Definitely sounds like a bad case of simple worry and lack of common sense to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.