Holiday advice

I seem to be the opposite of 99% of people - I've booked four holidays since lockdown (Oct, Dec 20 and Feb, Apr 21) looking at adding a fifth in August all with easyjet so if any dont happen i'll move them on to next year as and when they are cancelled. The flights for the 4 i've booked have cost less than £800 total for 4 of us including bags. Hotel are all free cancellation.

All well and good unless they go out of business because of this.

All well and good unless they go out of business because of this.
If thats the case i'll do a section 75, worst case I lose £800. With Europe starting to open up i'm sure they will be fine. All trips are in school holidays so the savings outweigh the risk for me. If i booked them all in a 'normal' climate i'd be looking at approx £5K.

Edit - just checked the cost of the flights now, currently over £7K total.

Last edited:
Should be flying out to Corfu in just over 5 weeks with Jet2.
Tried for the past week or so to get answers from them but it seems they're not making any decisions.
They officially start flying out again on 17 June but this can't be happening

Would the Spanish quarantine include the Canary Islands does anyone know?
I'm due to go Tenerife in October, highly likely quarantine would have gone by now but was just wondering does their quarantine incorporate their canary islands.
They have virtually zero cases of CV19 despite the early hotel incidence in Costa Adeje.

[QUOTE="BLUEMATT23, post: 12667123, member: 11901"
They have virtually zero cases of CV19 despite the early hotel incidence in Costa Adeje.[/QUOTE]
And , unfortunately, that’s why you will be more than likely,staying home.

Would the Spanish quarantine include the Canary Islands does anyone know?
I'm due to go Tenerife in October, highly likely quarantine would have gone by now but was just wondering does their quarantine incorporate their canary islands.
They have virtually zero cases of CV19 despite the early hotel incidence in Costa Adeje.
Yes it does

Should be flying out to Corfu in just over 5 weeks with Jet2.
Tried for the past week or so to get answers from them but it seems they're not making any decisions.
They officially start flying out again on 17 June but this can't be happening

I think Greece are planning on being open to tourism from mid-June. So the flights could well be going, unless they exclude tourists from the Uk until we have our cases down.

Can someone just help me re travel insurance please?
Not now for October to Canary Islands - if I can't go fair enough theirs more important things going on in the world, i'll donate the money to charity. Just my dad passed away 2 years ago and I always like to visit Tenerife as he loved it there.
So assuming travel ban gets lifted I could get basic insurance (assuming no FCO advise against travel) but nothing would cover CV19 during the holiday period?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.