Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

ok,im a heavy smoker,quite unfit and slightly over weight,however I feel its time to change,we actually have a gym at home(bike,running machine,boxing punch bag, and other bits and pieces ,so tomorrow when my bullworker comes im starting a fitness regime ,are bullworker all they are cracked up to be,i just want to loose weight(about a stone) and tone up, obviously diet is important as well, ill cut out the white bread and only have one sugar in my brew, wish me luck :)

haha just discussing having a takeaway for tea whilst I type this :)
If you ever run on a treadmill (I never really recommend it as a regular part of training), make sure you do plenty of glute exercises because you lose your arse when you run on a treadmill a lot.

On a track, the glutes are triggered when the sole hits the floor and your body thrusts forward. That’s why the glutes are the biggest muscle in the body, they take all that weight. But on a treadmill, the belt does all that work for the glutes and they stay mainly relaxed.

If you ever run on a treadmill (I never really recommend it as a regular part of training), make sure you do plenty of glute exercises because you lose your arse when you run on a treadmill a lot.

On a track, the glutes are triggered when the sole hits the floor and your body thrusts forward. That’s why the glutes are the biggest muscle in the body, they take all that weight. But on a treadmill, the belt does all that work for the glutes and they stay mainly relaxed.
plan is to use the treadmill until I get some fitness back then do the roads

5k very brisk walks a day some hefty hills thrown in there for good measure and resistance training for 20 minutes a day. I use those thick rubber bands for the resistance training never having done weights and not wanting bulging muscles it works for me.

Since lockdown started I was alternating daily 5k runs and compound dumbell workouts and my weight stayed the same much to my annoyance. 10 days ago I started zero carbs, apart from a few roast potatoes last Sunday and I've dropped a stone. Will keep on it for the rest of May then slowly reintroduce the odd few chips and bread.

44/17t Free-wheel.

Hills are a killer but a great satisfaction when legs are burning and it starts to level out. I was going up one the other week and people were walking past me more quickly. A few times I’ve had to get off and walk it up.

Almost as hard is trying to get going at the lights off the spot when buses and wagons are going past me. Like a wobbly dog with three legs.
Nice. 44/17 is 70 inches so virtually the same as mine. I have a free wheel on the other side of the wheel but normally prefer the fixed. The fixed is slightly easier than the free for going up hill but harder going down as can need to spin about 120 rpm or more depending on hill or wind. So long or steep hills are unsuitable.

Been slowly working up my distances on the bike, did a PB yesterday of;
  • Distance
    15.39 km
  • Elev Gain
    111 m
  • Time
    48m 13s
Still doing my 5km walk at lunch, then doing 3 bike rides a week. On the day I dont do a bike ride I just go for another 5km walk after dinner. Once I get a bit of weight off I will start running I think.

10 days ago I started zero carbs, apart from a few roast potatoes last Sunday and I've dropped a stone. Will keep on it for the rest of May then slowly reintroduce the odd few chips and bread.

What sort of meals are you having out of interest? I would be tempted to try this but just struggling for the inspiration on what to eat.

I use the kitchen worktop to do chest and arms, no need to buy weights just push off the worktop front and back, it's good to use your own body weight.
Got back into cycling as well, it's so good for wellbeing and once you add a few hills it's a good cardio workout. The health app on huiwei phones is excellent for tracking progress

Until lock down, weight training for twice a week (on top of 3/4 cardio sessions) use to be part of my workout routine. During the lockdown period I did no resistance/weight training, I purely did cardio. As a result I have lost weight and to be honest I feel great and my appetite has dropped. When I was weight training, I would have serious hunger after workouts and would try and eat healthily but would often struggle. I have lost a lot of bulk and clothes feel great but I'm also not looking as toned as I was in the chest and arms. I have also refined my diet which has been sustainable and haven't had any issues. (cut out carbs, choc, crisps, only drink water, reduced portion sizes, no bread etc).

My aim is to continue to lose weight but I also want to look toned. Please does anybody have any advise on how to approach this?

Should I continue to weight train but use lower weights and higher reps?

My gym is opening from Monday. You have to book a one-hour session for either the gym floor, a class or a lane in the pool.

Only the swimmers can use the changing facilities.

Ive booked a gym floor session for Monday morning and I think there were 12 spots available for each hour so it’ll be really nice and spaced out and anything we want available for us all.

Most of my training during lockdown has been cardio, with some body weight exercises. So I’m going to do my gym sessions every three days doing Starting Strength: https://startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

I’ll do three a day rotation (training session @10:00)...
Day 1: Starting Strength in the gym (cycle there and back for warm-up/cool-down)
Day 2: a cardio session outdoors - run/weighted walk (I’ve recently been putting 1½stone in a bag and walking 8 miles with it, brilliant workout!)/basketball/skip
Day 3: rest

Eating...
Breakfast 08:00: one egg on one wholegrain piece of toast, banana + coffee
Dinner 13:15: main meal of the day (soups/stews/chilli/curry/fish pie etc.)
Tea 17:30: nuts and berries

I’m still off work until late-August so it’s ideal for me.

My gym opened up on Sat and it's been quite decent, been going every day pretty much. They have a queuing system outside but tbh its not been busy enough for now to use it, they count every person at entrance that goes to the gym floor and advise its 1hr sessions only. They have wipes everywhere and ask you to wipe before and after but also have cleaners constantly going round cleaning everything, as well as having arrows on the floor and equipment closed so youre not too close to someone else. As someone who hates other humans, i find it quite peaceful and relaxing tbh!

I've been doing a diet for about 4 weeks now called Anabolic fasting. You have 2 meals a day, at 12pm and 6pm, they consist of meat (fattier the better) and as much greens as you can eat, along with either an avocado or a handful of nuts. I've cut about a stone and its such an easy diet i could probably keep it up as long as i want. You get two cheat meals a week, on the Friday and Saturday, i've not even felt the need to have them tbh.

I'm currently on a 4 week workout plan of alternating these:

day 1:
full sit ups: 5mins
wide grip chins to failure
double arm rowns: 30 reps
1min rest
bench press 20 reps
flat flys: 20 reps
1min rest
incline press 20 reps
chest or band fly 20 reps
dumbell flyovers 20 reps
1min rest
squats 20reps
sissy squats 20 reps
1min rest
stiff leg deadlifts 20 reps
calf raises 20 reps
ab wheel 50-100 reps
stick twists 100-200 reps
bodyweight lunges 15 mins

day 2:
full sit ups 5 mins
dumbell curls 20 reps
seated curls 20 reps
concentration curls 20 reps
1 min rest
skullcrushers 20 reps
close grip 3/4 press 20 reps
dips 20 reps
1min rest
millitary press 20 reps
lateral raises 20 reps
bent over laterals 20 reps
side lying laterals 20 reps
1min rest
db kickbacks wa/ twist 20 reps
db twist curls 20 reps
1min rest
wrist curls both ways 20 reps
ab wheel 50-100 reps
stick twists 100-200 reps
lunges 15mins (with weight if i have energy)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.