Great (and positive) City quotes [from over the years]

My favourite quote of the modern era was From Bernard Halford at the FA Cup Celebration at the Etihad in 2011. He said something like the Noisy Neighbours are going Blow the Blood Roof Off!

Anyone have a link to those two pricks Beasley and Smith on the Sunday supplement when they described City as morally bankrupt

Once saw Joe Royle in Williams BMW buying a car - he told me he’d just signed a great player - it would be announced tomorrow and ‘he’d light up Maine Road’. The twat, the player in question turned out to be bloody Laurent Chavet !

"The City fans have always been incredible towards me and willed me to do well and it is, of course, reciprocated." - Uwe Rosler.

“It was all I knew and I loved it. I worshipped the place. I really did feel it was my club. When I look at the badge it gives me a feeling instantly. A bit like your heart skipping a beat." -Stephen Ireland (is Superman)

"I knew Asprilla had a suspect temperament, so I was in his face from the moment we kicked-off..." - Keith Curle.

"I’ve always thought had Eric Cantona come to us that season instead of United, and Georgi had gone to United, I don’t think Eric would have been doing adverts today or people talking about fish following trawlers!" - Keith Curle.

“I even had two goldfish called Shaun Goater and Nicolas Anelka and when I look back on all of the pictures of me in my City kits, I remember that whenever the new kit came out, I made my mum wait outside the Store at 8am and run inside when it opened." - Keira Walsh.

“Even if you played United at Tiddlywinks you’d be desperate to win – but a League Cup semi-final meant everything back then and still does today. To you, your team-mates and the fans. It matters more than anything else.” - Tommy Booth.

“I felt the crowd were waiting for us to make mistakes, especially at home, and it was an awkward situation to be in.” - Shaun Goater.

“Dicky was all about aggression, all out effort and never giving up on a seemingly lost cause. I began to chase down defenders, put myself about a bit giving my all for the shirt. I had been doing what I felt was best for the team and what benefited my game prior to that, but with the added ‘Dickov factor’, things began to turn around.” - Shaun Goater.

“I didn’t know what they were singing at first,” he smiles. “Then the lads said ‘did you hear that Goat? They were singing about you.’ I thought, yeah, I’m having that!” - Shaun Goater

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.