UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not seen the article but I assume it’s says something different to what you’re saying.

I’d guess it says even if we win we can still get punished by the Prem for something.
The second part of the tweet says if the case is upheld, the PL "can go straight in on us". So if the case isn't upheld, presumably they can't.

Link to the article is here:

https://theathletic.com/1823289/2020/05/20/man-city-cas-manchester-ffp-hearing-champions-league/

I think there is a 90 day free trial at the moment.

The Premier League ban section as follows:

"A Premier League points deduction is a possibility.

The Premier League has been investigating City, but it appears to be waiting for UEFA and CAS’s decisions before announcing their stance. The Premier League has its own FFP regulations, although they allow for far greater losses than UEFA does — an English top-flight club would have to make losses of more than £105 million before any punishment, which could include a points deduction.

This area is tricky as City have been found guilty by the CFCB of overstating their revenue — it is not clear whether, or by how much, City would have breached UEFA’s FFP “break-even requirement”, meaning that clubs cannot spend more than they earn. If it is established at CAS that City would have made big losses, it would be easier for the Premier League to act.

However, one hitherto overlooked element of this whole case is section J7 of the Premier League handbook, which covers “UEFA Club Licence Applicants”:

“Any club making a false statement (whether made verbally or in writing) in or in connection with an application for a UEFA Club Licence or falsifying a document produced in support of or in connection with such an application shall be in breach of these rules and shall be liable to be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section W of these rules.”

The article is by Sam Lee and Matt Slater which means it is written by Matt Slater who is the real snake here. I've said before I like lots of Sam's mainstream City articles but he doesn't know what he is talking about with regards FFP and he is incapable writing that article by himself.

The desperation for us to be guilty is bursting through the seems of that article.

Politics. Ceferin is a lawyer. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't bothered to fully acquaint himself with the full details of our case, given that it is the most high profile case his organisation has ever had, and has far-reaching consequences whatever the outcome.
Ceferin can only be talking bollocks. This case is a major threat to his organisation. The wrong outcome could cost UEFA hundreds of millions at a time when they are under huge financial pressure. He doesn't know what City have up their sleeve and it could cost him his job. He will have read every line of evidence.

The second part of the tweet says if the case is upheld, the PL "can go straight in on us". So if the case isn't upheld, presumably they can't.

If the case isn't upheld, then the club haven't been found to have falsified statements, so I can't see how (based on the excerpt posted)

Athletic showing again their true colours, eh?

Could 'finally' mean serious punishments.

Another example of writing we are guilty and are somehow evading capture.

so if we can prove the Dippers, Rags & Arse have misled UEFA then we can expect Premier league to act.

very interesting......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.