Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

No news about the FA prioritising the completion of their own competition that engages the whole football pyramid, the FA cup. Only 7 more games in total to play to finish with 3 already marked to take place on neutral grounds. My guess ... money?

Instead they pontificate about the need to finish the already compromised EPL with how many games when in comparison the FA Cup can easily be completed? Hmmmm

I don't know about that bud, how many premier league or indeed active footballers have died of covid? Footballers are young and fit it stands to reason they could probably deal with this virus better than a middle aged shopworker.
I don't think she is saying that they will die but that they are just as liable to contract the virus which if they do means a period of quarantine for those that they have been in contact with. Don't forget that whilst the virus does kill the vast majority of those who have contracted it do recover but I am not sure that is what the medically trained Doctor is saying. She is just stating that they are just as likely to contract the virus as other groups of people are and that they are not immune just because they are fitter than most.

The same could happen to me at work today, tomorrow or yesterday( that is catch or spread the virus) . But I still have to go to work. The only difference is me and my co workers do not have the luxury of testing

You and your co-workers are required to practice social distancing or you wouldn't be able to operate.

I bet a higher % of players have STDs than this virus. Given they are elite sportsmen their bodies will likely cope with the virus much better than Dorris in Tesco could cope with it and she is out earning her £8.50 an hour.
What if they pass it on to a sick or elderly family member?

I don't think she is saying that they will die but that they are just as liable to contract the virus which if they do means a period of quarantine for those that they have been in contact with. Don't forget that whilst the virus does kill the vast majority of those who have contracted it do recover but I am not sure that is what the medically trained Doctor is saying. She is just stating that they are just as likely to contract the virus as other groups of people are and that they are not immune just because they are fitter than most.
There is also a lot of evidence that even a mild case can leave a “healthy” adult with badly scarred lungs and permanent pulmonary fibrosis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.