Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have no chance with this guy (even if we do want him) -Munich, Madrid will be all over him. - not to mention Liverpool - there is little loyalty in football so the fact that his dad played for us probably means absolutely nothing.

I don't see why that means we have no chance. Why would Liverpool or Bayern be more attractive than City, what can they offer that we can't? Plus we have the best manager for improving any player, all European players know that.

I don't see why that means we have no chance. Why would Liverpool or Bayern be more attractive than City, what can they offer that we can't? Plus we have the best manager for improving any player, all European players know that.

teams will out bid us and have a better PR approach - they charm them better.

teams will out bid us and have a better PR approach - they charm them better.

I'm inclined to agree on the PR, we need to get better at bullshitting to players and their families and agents.

I still believe, or rather hope, that if we really wanted a player no club in the world could outbid us. I'm hoping after all this virus shit is over we'll be in an even stronger financial position compared to our rivals, as most of them seem to have debt and will hopefully have lost a few more millions off their value. I think we seem to be in a stronger financial position. Just need to win the CAS case and no-one will stop us.

I'm inclined to agree on the PR, we need to get better at bullshitting to players and their families and agents.

I still believe, or rather hope, that if we really wanted a player no club in the world could outbid us. I'm hoping after all this virus shit is over we'll be in an even stronger financial position compared to our rivals, as most of them seem to have debt and will hopefully have lost a few more millions off their value. I think we seem to be in a stronger financial position. Just need to win the CAS case and no-one will stop us.
Why would you ever want to bullshit someone to get them to come and work for you?

What do we have to bullshit about?

And why would you just outbid people?

If you hadn't noticed we've just won a double, followed by a treble, followed by who knows what this season if it had continued. We have the best facilities, management, squad and community development programmes around. We're a club run on trust and loyalty, if someone doesn't want to be part of it for whatever reason, we don't want them and don't need them at the club. We don't need to outbid teams because if players are interested primarily in lining their pockets, we don't want them and don't need them at our club. We have more than enough to offer to attract just about anyone in the world but unfortunately for us, so do Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus etc...9/10 of the genuine players will choose with gut instinct, the others may have family reasons or a pre-existing relationship with managers/players that sways them.

Lying and offering them £500k a week is what desperate clubs do (e.g. United).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.