Holiday advice

You have to ring JET2 (0333 300 0737) and ask what your options are, but I think you have three

1/ Change the date of your holiday
2/ Lose a vast amount of money by cancelling
3/ Wait for JET 2 to cancel and then hopefully you'll receive a refund

Cheers for your update. Unfortunately, like you suspected, I'm fully paid up. We put money away each month into an account they we only use for holidays.
When the day of paying off the balance came, the money was taken from the account to clear the owed balance.

It seems now I'm down to waiting for Jet2 to cancel it (within the next couple of weeks I reckon ) & then wait for the cash to be put back into the account.

I can't really change the date for this year as I get block weekly leave & they'll be no chance of anyone wanting to swap my weeks for their later ones as everyone else will be in the same position.
Cancelling it myself isn't an option as I can't afford to let a few grand go to the wall.

Can't complain really, I'm still working & earning money & the cost of thr holiday will be returned at some point. Not like I can spend it anyway at the minute is it?

We're flying in August to the canary islands and just had a text saying we can pay the balance 6 weeks before departure instead of 10.
If they offer this, are they still offering only loss of deposit if you then cancel, or would extra charges apply for late cancellation?

Have a read of my post on page 53
I did but wasn't sure whether you'd just read the cancellation conditions and assumed that taking advantage of the extended offer for later cancellation would incur extra liability, or that Jet2 had confirmed that the extra liability would apply (and whether that was clear in the offer to extend when the balance was due).

I did but wasn't sure whether you'd just read the cancellation conditions and assumed that taking advantage of the extended offer for later cancellation would incur extra liability, or that Jet2 had confirmed that the extra liability would apply (and whether that was clear in the offer to extend when the balance was due).
I didn't note the cancellation costs before deferring the payment dates and JET2 didn't mention anything about a heavier penalty for cancelling closer to the travel date
I thought if I cancelled I would only lose the deposit
It was only yesterday when I was cancelling that I saw what the cancellation penalties were, so I was relieved when told it was only the deposit. I was going to argue that by offering us a further two weeks extension, that then took us into a 50% loss rather than the 30

I didn't note the cancellation costs before deferring the payment dates and JET2 didn't mention anything about a heavier penalty for cancelling closer to the travel date
I thought if I cancelled I would only lose the deposit
It was only yesterday when I was cancelling that I saw what the cancellation penalties were, so I was relieved when told it was only the deposit. I was going to argue that by offering us a further two weeks extension, that then took us into a 50% loss rather than the 30
Sorry I'm still not sure! Have they said that if you leave cancellation for another 2 or 4 weeks you will still only lose the deposit if you then cancel? (In other words they are altering the contract terms to your benefit - in practice the late cancellation charges would be refunded after you'd paid the balance so if you don't pay the balance I can't see them suing you for the late cancellation charge).

Got the email through that my Portugal flights with Ryanair had been cancelled for Mid July last night, quite surprised I thought the way hes been talking O'Leary would have had us flying by then

Got the email through that my Portugal flights with Ryanair had been cancelled for Mid July last night, quite surprised I thought the way hes been talking O'Leary would have had us flying by then

That's not really just up to him. If Portugal aren't going to open their borders by then, or don't want tourists from the UK that early, then he can't run the flights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.