Summer Transfers

Maybe the club should hire you instead? You should give them a call
He shouldn't bother. I've tried and they never rang me back.

Their loss, mind you. I've got an incredible eye for talent. I've done wonders on Football Manager, in England and Germany, with sometimes a limited budget.

I explained all this to the man on the telephone at City and he just chuckled and said "Thank you. Don't call us, we will call you." Cheeky little prick. :-)

I hope its not true.

Its like :

Pep : Txiki, get me Walker Danilo
Txiki : Ok Pep, we spent 50m on Walker and 30m on the back up RB Danilo
Pep: Thanks Txiki

next season

Pep: Txiki , I need Cancelo
Txiki: here you go Pep, we gave Juventus another 30m + Danilo to bring the wanted one Cancelo to you

next season

Pep: Txiki , Bring Semedo and sell Cancelo

Txiki: Are you sure this time Pep ?

It‘s every year the same with our defence. How much are we going to pay for fullbacks. He is going to play Walker anyway so why bother buying a 2nd Fullback who could play everywhere.
Liverpool only bought Van Dijk and their Defence is fine. It‘s more on Pep imo then the players.

He shouldn't bother. I've tried and they never rang me back.

Their loss, mind you. I've got an incredible eye for talent. I've done wonders on Football Manager, in England and Germany, with sometimes a limited budget.

I explained all this to the man on the telephone at City and he just chuckled and said "Thank you. Don't call us, we will call you." Cheeky little prick. :-)
Anyone but Pep IMO

It‘s every year the same with our defence. How much are we going to pay for fullbacks. He is going to play Walker anyway so why bother buying a 2nd Fullback who could play everywhere.
Liverpool only bought Van Dijk and their Defence is fine. It‘s more on Pep imo then the players.
Does it matter? If the club are comfortable with it, and they must be, if we keep being successful, think we probably will. Why should we be bothered.

Alright everyone, brand new here and love discussing transfers. Read through this entire post to get up to speed. Put below what ideally the squad would be for me next season

Ideally: (Starters listed first)
GK: Ederson, Steffen, 3rd choice - Perhaps Carson on a permanent?
RB: Walker, Cancelo - No change bc none needed, but Cancelo's agent looks to be getting his name out there
CB: Laporte, Upamecano, Stones or Tosin, Garcia, Dinho
LB: Chilwell, Mendy - I know unlikely but there was a deal last yr. English, PL experience, would be the starter, and still big room for development which Pep will like

DM: Rodri, Gundogan, Dinho perhaps - Dinho I can see being a bit of a utility man a la Milner at pool
CM: KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Aouar, Gundogan

RW: Bernardo, Mahrez
ST: Aguero/Jesus
LW: Sterling, Braaf - a space open for a young lad who's got talent, looks to be some personal issues but the boy's got skill, and we've coped with Jesus going wide when needed in place of Sane so promoting from within keeps JB happy and brings another academy lad through with limited minutes available

Loans for Doyle, Harwood-Bellis. Maybe Bernabe too but think he could be interesting to keep around as AM/FW cover.

More realistically (EG based on strong links & financial realism)

Ait-Nouri in place of Chilwell
Semedo/Cancelo swap.
Maybe a different CB but think Upamecano is the ultimate choice

Last edited:
Reactions: cjn
I like Pep and appreciate what he is doing, but some of his transfers decisions are total waste of the club resources.

Christ ! We are on course for the champs league , fa cup and already won the league cup ! With winning the domestic quadruple last season ! What more you want , some people will never be happy !

Alright everyone, brand new here and love discussing transfers. Read through this entire post to get up to speed. Put below what ideally the squad would be for me next season

RB: Walker, Cancelo - No change bc none needed, but Cancelo's agent looks to be getting his name out there
LB: Chilwell, Mendy - I know unlikely but there was a deal last yr. English, PL experience, would be the starter, and still big room for development which Pep will like

DM: Rodri, Gundogan, Dinho perhaps - Dinho I can see being a bit of a utility man a la Milner at pool

LW: Sterling, Braaf - a space open for a young lad who's got talent, looks to be some personal issues but the boy's got skill, and we've coped with Jesus going wide when needed in place of Sane so promoting from within keeps JB happy and brings another academy lad through with limited minutes available

Loans for Doyle, Harwood-Bellis. Maybe Bernabe too but think he could be interesting to keep around as AM/FW cover.

Semedo/Cancelo swap.
Blimey, could have written that myself, think that’s about my thinking, would prefer Alaba to Chilwell myself.
But more realistic than a few regular posters that are expecting wholesale changes at great cost.

Semedo/Cancelo swap.
Good post, but like you say, I think it would be very very difficult to pry someone away from Leicester this summer. Deep enough pockets to not be affected by Covid, Champions League money next season, and not much chance (imo) that someone would do the overpay it usually takes to buy their guys this time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.