Laporte
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure
De Bruyne
Silva
Tevez
Aguero

Wonderful side. Would probably put KDB out wide in that, just so Silva can play centrally.

........... Ederson ..........
Zaba Vinnie Laporte Clichy
........... Ferna ............
....... Yaya .. Silva ........
KDB ................... Tevez
........... Aguero ...........

I know Tevez isn't a left-winger, but I'd much rather him there than Aguero, who has a much more natural poachers instinct.

Reactions: Ric
It's interesting, isn't it, that there are so many missing from that 2013-14 title winning team. I agree with people's choices, by the way. @BJL_City's selection in particular is fearsome. A team that I wouldn't pick any other on the planet to stand against, on their day. Nobody would put Negredo, Navas, Nasri in, obviously. Or Edin Dzeko. And yet, collectively, that team played some of the best football I've ever seen from any Manchester City side, from about October through to January. They also came back very strongly in the tail end of the season. Winning away at Everton was huge. We also strongly deserved a point at Anfield. And we were brilliant against them in the home match, when the dippers really had their tails up. We vapourised the rags and released them into the atmosphere. Which is always pleasant.
I'm still very fond of that year and that title. Yet again, people thought we were dead. But we refused to lie down.

Last edited:
Mendy (pre injury) for Clichy due to Clichy's refusal to put crosses in.
Agree with Hart, a currently unfashionable shot stopper.

I will put the caveat in it was the Joe Hart circa 2010 -2013. Bit controversial this but we have had some world class players over the past 10 years but not sure that includes keepers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.