Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Blue_eyes players safety does not matter. As long as Livarpool have not won the Premier League. All that matters is to get them over that line. Even if it means risking the health of the players.

Gordon Taylor is nothing but a coward in this matter, because all he has to do is ballot his members if they want to continue and finish the fixtures for this season. However he does not want to do this because he is afraid that his members will mostly say yes too null and void this season.

I know unions have lost alot of power since Thatcher but the pfa must be the most impotent of them all. The pfa silence over the safety of its members deafening. I can only guess that its members are happy with this the members must be happy with the way the employer is treating them.

I know unions have lost alot of power since Thatcher but the pfa must be the most impotent of them all. The pfa silence over the safety of its members deafening. I can only guess that its members are happy with this the members must be happy with the way the employer is treating them.
They get the majority of their money from the tv deals not the members , they will never be on the members side . Absolute disgrace of an organisation, ask Jeff astles family what they think of em .

I just wonder how many players will have come down with this before the Premier League decide to end this farce,and declare the season null and void. Should one player become seriously ill the bosses at the Premier League board will have a lot to answer for.

I wonder if one off the boards family come down with it and become seriously ill with it and have to be put on a ventilator. I am sure they would have a very different point of view.
Well Pep's mum dying a few weeks ago might have woken them up

So that's League One done now too.

I don't know if they're going to work out some special kind of PPG formula but if not Wycombe fans just jizzed their pants.

League 1 isn't - the board meeting narrowed down the 8 options to 2 - 1. Completing all games 2. Ending now ppg with relegation promotion and play offs played with 4 teams.

The proposals are being consulted on with the clubs before the electronic EGM next week to vote. 12 need to vote to for either option.

Blue_eyes players safety does not matter. As long as Livarpool have not won the Premier League. All that matters is to get them over that line. Even if it means risking the health of the players.

Gordon Taylor is nothing but a coward in this matter, because all he has to do is ballot his members if they want to continue and finish the fixtures for this season. However he does not want to do this because he is afraid that his members will mostly say yes too null and void this season.

The PFA have spoken with player reps at all clubs - big concerns are loss of income and contracts ending. The PFA are against wage cuts.

If the games are played behind closed doors are all the stadium staff, police, ambulance etc going to be tested ?
This was the point I was trying to raise Gordon, it just seems to me that there is an element of them making it up as they go along. The latest justification of their actions is that 748 players/staff have been tested, and they/bbc etc are showing a distinct positivity about the results, as though only 6 from 748 means that they can forge ahead.Oh, and ignore those players showing concern/refusing to train etc too!! There is a desperation to get the season finished despite safety concerns. It looks like the tv companies have won football, eager to beam souless matches into your living room for a fee, while matchgoing fans( the true soul/lifeblood of football) are cast aside. Those original big five clubs must be feeling really proud of themselves now,acting the way they did to get the tv companies involved, and its the fans of these clubs that are the most bitter about us!!! wankers.

As much as I will continue to love CITY.
I am done with football. The greed, desperation and complete lack of compassion of those riding the gravy train sickens me.
From what I’ve seen from our club we’ve been 100% supportive in all elements during this period and, like you, I may fall out with football but I will never fall out with my club.

Stay safe. Be good. Hopefully we’ll all be back soon supporting the club that we love.

League 1 isn't - the board meeting narrowed down the 8 options to 2 - 1. Completing all games 2. Ending now ppg with relegation promotion and play offs played with 4 teams.

The proposals are being consulted on with the clubs before the electronic EGM next week to vote. 12 need to vote to for either option.

The PFA have spoken with player reps at all clubs - big concerns are loss of income and contracts ending. The PFA are against wage cuts.

But do you know who they haven't spoken to, the fans of these clubs. If they relegated my City under these proposals I don't think I would EVER want to watch another football game. They could well destroy a number of these smaller clubs!

Upon reflection, the season was always going to finish. Even if that meant the 19-20 season was finished sometime in 2022 or beyond. And there are really two simple reasons:

1a: Too much cash involved from the betting houses.
1b: To make sure the Victim Cult got their precious trophy.

All the other stuff like TV money, financially struggling clubs, lifting the spirits of the nation... All rubbish and a smoke screen.

More players & staff will catch the virus as training moves on and matches commence. Guaranteed. But hopefully none will become seriously ill. Not guaranteed.

But do you know who they haven't spoken to, the fans of these clubs. If they relegated my City under these proposals I don't think I would EVER want to watch another football game. They could well destroy a number of these smaller clubs!

Any fans of clubs with a chance of promotion should would have the opposite opinion - and Bolton were down already and will hopefully play Barrow next season.

The new powers the EFL have were agreed by all clubs in March, and COVID-19 isn't the EFL's fault, whatever solution someone is going to be upset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.