Daughter wants to be a Personal Trainer - any advice?

I have nothing to offer this thread other than best wishes to your daughter and yourself

Thanks mate. Tough few years but we've all learned a lot through the process.

Do you know what as well, @somapop ? I'd be happy to be a guinea pig client! I have toyed myself with the idea of getting one of these 'remote' PTs after lockdown is over, as my pre-lockdown body is well gone, as I;ve been unable to get to the gym at all.

Ahh - that will put a smile on her face :).
I'll mention it and she's some way off even starting the course but the fact someone has mentioned that will give her a boost.
She had one of many breakdowns last year after realising she missed so much education (she originally wanted to be a vet). If she can fully harness this 'power' then she'll do very well. Thanks mate.

As an apathetic adult on the spectrum, I think it’s great that your daughter has seemingly developed a passion for health and fitness.

‘Hyperfocus’ and restricted interests are core symptoms/traits of learning disorders such as ASD and ADHD. Thus, she could truly flourish if she can turn one of her passions into a career.

I wish her the best of luck.

As an apathetic adult on the spectrum, I think it’s great that your daughter has seemingly developed a passion for health and fitness.

‘Hyperfocus’ and restricted interests are core symptoms/traits of learning disorders such as ASD and ADHD. Thus, she could truly flourish if she can turn one of her passions into a career.

I wish her the best of luck.

Absolutely. Part of what I mean by her harnessing what she lives with really.
Thanks and hope all is good with you.

I would see to start off trying to learn to teach Hiitstep, metafit classes etc and build up through word of mouth. Once she has a core group things could develop.

Seem a popular thing by independent people doing it near me. Then maybe offer the personal trainer route to expand as she wishes.

Hope she succeeds in what she chooses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.