UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speculating very wildly here but let's suppose we confronted Liverpool with the evidence and they said "It's a fair cop but we've also got loads of emails that will show you're trying to cheat UEFA over FFP. Wanna do a deal? If so we'll pay you £1m in hush money and we agree not to do anything like this again. We both sign NDA's and nothing is ever said again. If you do, we've still got the emails." We're not really in a position to argue as we haven't actually done a settlement with UEFA at that point so accept the settlement.

Yet the emails get released a few years later anyway and all bets are off as we know where they came from, plus we've got information on other stuff.

Like I say, this is very wild speculation but it kind of makes sense in some ways.

Doesn’t make sense if they are out of context, makes less sense that they’d pay £1m if they had a smoking gun.

I think someone said it makes sense that we thought we’d been accepted & didn’t see the threat.

It seems to have been forgotten in the midsts of time, but it is well worth remembering the Der Spiegel articles and how they were written.

Outside of a few hacked documents, it was primarily padded out over five days with nothing more than spiteful words to denigrate the club and its history, laying it on thick when it came to our lack of success over the last few decades.

It spoke as if we had basically appeared in 2008 and offered plenty of superior moralising.

City were right to cite it as a clear attempt to damage the club's name.

For me, however, the narrative from De Spiegel betrayed quite a lot in terms of an agenda being served on behalf of an outside party.

It had a very German-centric influence that wreaked of Bayern undertones.

My other conclusion, based on the current politics, are all roads pointing towards Qatar, certainly in light of the recent Facebook revelations about negative accounts being set up about City in India?

Both seriously have the motive. We know the hacker by name but he had no input into how it was presented?
I don't know if there were some outside parties other than the will of Der Spiegel to have some exclusive and sensational stories. Imo, those stories were following the agenda of the "established clubs" because German football has that mentality their model is the right one (50 + 1 rule). The nouveau riche clubs like Chelsea, City, PSG and soon Newcastle represent exactly everything they hate and fight against. RB Leipzig in Germany is despised for that very same reason.
Therefore, it is not a surprise their views are aligned with Bayern statements toward City. It doesn't mean Bayern is behind them though. Moreover, it seems far-fetched that Qatar would be behind that when the Der Spiegel collaborated with the french newspaper Mediapart which spent a long time lambasting PSG during the Football Leaks. A quick research of "PSG Mediapart" would be more than enough for you to see how much contempt they hold for the french club and its owners. Qatar would be dumb to promote an operation targetting their very own "PR" football club.
First links in google reads as :
"Financial doping : PSG saved on technical grounds" https://www.mediapart.fr/journal/fr...sg-sauve-par-un-vice-de-procedure?onglet=full
"Financial doping : Infantino and Platini covered PSG fraud" https://www.mediapart.fr/journal/in...tino-ont-couvert-la-fraude-du-psg?onglet=full
We also have this story about Nasser El Khelaifi will to sue them : "Now that it is available, it is clear that the document cited by The Guardian, Der Spiegel and Mediapart is a forgery and was not written or signed by Mr. Al Khelaifi. He will therefore file a criminal complaint for forgery and use of forgery in France " https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...i-porte-plainte-contre-mediapart-1731962.html
No doubt Qatar uses its various channels to slander UAE and KSA and vice versa but this is unlikely to be the case with Der Spiegel.

Funny you should mention Bayern Munich and Qatar in the same sentence as one of Bayerns shirt sponsors are Qatar Airways.

Coincidence or am I just being a bit thick?
It is just the typical arrogance of old guard football and especially Bayern Munich. They couldn't help but criticize Qatar and PSG as much as they could but once the money rolled into their coffers, they were very quick to sign and promote Qatar, its airport, its airways, etc.

Same situation with Arsenal proudly naming their stadium Emirates and having them as prime sponsor but crying about Abu Dhabi money at City. Cheap losers and hypcrocites.

It is just the typical arrogance of old guard football and especially Bayern Munich. They couldn't help but criticize Qatar and PSG as much as they could but once the money rolled into their coffers, they were very quick to sign and promote Qatar, its airport, its airways, etc.

Same situation with Arsenal proudly naming their stadium Emirates and having them as prime sponsor but crying about Abu Dhabi money at City. Cheap losers and hypcrocites.

I think the way Wenger used to get excited about Football economics & how they will do it right. He expected to be able to outspend everybody on the back of a new ground with higher attendance in the most expensive part of the country. When the landscape changed, outside investment, higher TV revenue he complained it was cheating not that he’d mis-calculated. It would be like the owner of Blockbuster accusing Netflix of financial doping.

Am I right in saying both City and Uefa choose a panel member and the third is chosen by CAS?
We have to hope that the third panelist is independent and has no ties to Uefa.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is from a panel of twenty UEFA members and ten U****d board members. They all turn their backs and City's legal team picks one, then UEFA pick two, until all are gone. Then the proceedings begin again and the jumpers for goalposts are moved until the 20 v 10 game is won by... well I won't give away the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.