Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you ever want to bullshit someone to get them to come and work for you?

What do we have to bullshit about?

And why would you just outbid people?

If you hadn't noticed we've just won a double, followed by a treble, followed by who knows what this season if it had continued. We have the best facilities, management, squad and community development programmes around. We're a club run on trust and loyalty, if someone doesn't want to be part of it for whatever reason, we don't want them and don't need them at the club. We don't need to outbid teams because if players are interested primarily in lining their pockets, we don't want them and don't need them at our club. We have more than enough to offer to attract just about anyone in the world but unfortunately for us, so do Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus etc...9/10 of the genuine players will choose with gut instinct, the others may have family reasons or a pre-existing relationship with managers/players that sways them.

Lying and offering them £500k a week is what desperate clubs do (e.g. United).

Spot on

Give me a David Silva over a Paul Dogshit any day

Why would you ever want to bullshit someone to get them to come and work for you?

What do we have to bullshit about?

And why would you just outbid people?

If you hadn't noticed we've just won a double, followed by a treble, followed by who knows what this season if it had continued. We have the best facilities, management, squad and community development programmes around. We're a club run on trust and loyalty, if someone doesn't want to be part of it for whatever reason, we don't want them and don't need them at the club. We don't need to outbid teams because if players are interested primarily in lining their pockets, we don't want them and don't need them at our club. We have more than enough to offer to attract just about anyone in the world but unfortunately for us, so do Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus etc...9/10 of the genuine players will choose with gut instinct, the others may have family reasons or a pre-existing relationship with managers/players that sways them.

Lying and offering them £500k a week is what desperate clubs do (e.g. United).

I agree with a lot of this in some respects, but I feel our advantage has been eroded this season, and we need to do whatever it takes to get ahead again. Nobody wants Utd and Liverpool spending £250m in summer and us battling for 3rd or 4th.

With players like Haaland and Sancho being potentially available and young enough to be world class for years, we should be going for them.

I agree with a lot of this in some respects, but I feel our advantage has been eroded this season, and we need to do whatever it takes to get ahead again. Nobody wants Utd and Liverpool spending £250m in summer and us battling for 3rd or 4th.

With players like Haaland and Sancho being potentially available and young enough to be world class for years, we should be going for them.
I would say we carry on doing what we've been doing for the last 10 years, its worked pretty blooming well.

I rather like the idea of rags spunking another £250m that they can't afford.

Haaland and Sancho might be perfect in terms of individual playing ability but that's only a small part of what makes a team. That's why we all love football because less physically and technically gifted players can form a team that is better than a group of the best 11 individual players in the world.

Spunking bucket loads of money on individual superstars might work but it's a huge gamble, a huge gamble we don't have to take, United do to try and force their way back to competitiveness in a very quick timescale. However there's far more chance of it being unsuccessful and a waste of money as we've seen with Moyes, Van Haal and Mourinho. We did the same to get competitive before FFP kicked in, we had no choice but to gamble and we saw the turnover of players was unsustainable and lost us a lot of money.

We don't need to gamble now, we need to freshen the squad up a bit absolutely but we don't need to take huge risks which threaten to destroy the team spirit if you bring in players with different motivations than the players already onboard.

Our advantage has been eroded because we can't get our best 11 on the pitch at the same time. Sane will be replaced, CB and potentially a LB and a midfielder.

Sancho and Haaland won't move this summer, their agents will keep them ticking over and hoping for a huge Euro 2021 and the world to have recovered so there is more money moving.

Haaland and Sancho might be perfect in terms of individual playing ability but that's only a small part of what makes a team. That's why we all love football because less physically and technically gifted players can form a team that is better than a group of the best 11 individual players in the world.

Spunking bucket loads of money on individual superstars might work but it's a huge gamble, a huge gamble we don't have to take, United do to try and force their way back to competitiveness in a very quick timescale. However there's far more chance of it being unsuccessful and a waste of money as we've seen with Moyes, Van Haal and Mourinho. We did the same to get competitive before FFP kicked in, we had no choice but to gamble and we saw the turnover of players was unsustainable and lost us a lot of money.

We don't need to gamble now, we need to freshen the squad up a bit absolutely but we don't need to take huge risks which threaten to destroy the team spirit if you bring in players with different motivations than the players already onboard.

but how do you know they wouldnt be good team players. - look at the changes in Kun since Pep arrived as well.....

All new players arriving are a gamble to some extent. No club/manager gets every transfer right.

Our advantage has been eroded because we can't get our best 11 on the pitch at the same time. Sane will be replaced, CB and potentially a LB and a midfielder.

Sancho and Haaland won't move this summer, their agents will keep them ticking over and hoping for a huge Euro 2021 and the world to have recovered so there is more money moving.

Nailed it mate. If we still had the Euros this summer, Sancho almost certainly would be moving but next summer is when Haaland's clause opens and Sancho will have probably another season under their belts. Dortmund will move them on and move on to the next big prospect to sell on. It's their club's way

but how do you know they wouldnt be good team players. - look at the changes in Kun since Pep arrived as well.....

All new players arriving are a gamble to some extent. No club/manager gets every transfer right.
I never said they wouldn't be good team players.

I said it's a huge gamble throwing money at the situation. If the primary motivation for a player to join us was different to the primary motivation of the players we currently have in the squad it could potentially cause unrest and break the team spirit (e.g. Mancini treating Balotelli differently to other players, it worked for a short period and then the squad got pissed off). If everyone is not pulling in the same direction, problems will happen, it's just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.