UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know FFP was altered in its design to target us and any similar clubs that came after us to protect the established elite (and loosened when some of them fell foul of it), but our appeal at CAS is about the process of the judgement against us according to UEFA's rules. I have got my hopes up previously from things written on here but the bastards have always managed to stitch us up. I get quite enthused by PB's (wow if true) and others posts. Like most blues I know the whole thing is a corrupt attempt to stop us getting ahead but supporters of nearly every other club have been pushed the idea that we are the bent ones, and the WhatsApp group push the idea that our owner is an evil empire. We have to win to restore our name and shut the press up (won't stop the usual suspects). It's a court case on procedures and rules and no one except the two sides know now much evidence they have, what has been said already, or the full details of the last judgement against us and its limitations. So I'll continue to hope, I know we are the good guys but will wait and see and trust our directors and lawyers will get the judgement we are expecting.

This is a very good post and summarises what has happened since the advent of FFP. At this precise moment we have to put our trust in our chairman and our CEO in the belief that their confidence rests on solid foundations. What I will say is that so far we have been playing a very, very long "away leg". Unlawful rules introduced by a bent Platini, under pressure from UEFA executives who should have been excluded from office on grounds of a conflict of interest, condemned in 2014 by UEFA in dubious circumstances, the case reopened by UEFA at the instigation of a German newspaper provided with stolen emails by a criminal (who financed him?) and then condemned again after a procedure in which UEFA were the prosecution, the jury and the judge! And we were, it seems, not allowed a defence and not allowed to present any evidence which would be considered. No wonder "the bastards have always managed to stitch us up", as you say. Now, however, we don't have to play on UEFA's ground, with UEFA's ball and by UEFA's rules. We don't even have to let UEFA put down the goalposts. CAS is a start but it doesn't have to be the end - we can indeed spend a great deal more than £30 million tying UEFA up in court for a deal longer than ten years with UEFA knowing full well that in the last analysis, when the final whistle blows, FFP isn't lawful, isn't enforceable and will be thrown out of court with a stinging warning to UEFA.

Which individual or club in the G14 is our biggest enemy and who is the ringleader within Euefa against us?

Which individual or club in the G14 is our biggest enemy and who is the ringleader against within Euefa?
If you want an individual I'd say Gill or al-Khalaifi. But it's a little more complex than that.

There's the US-owned PL clubs - rags, scousers and Arsenal, plus Spurs probably - who want the PL run their way.

There's the old G-14 cartel - the three above, Bayern, Real, Juve etc - who don't like the idea of a nouveau riche club spoiling their little backslapping party.

Then there's PSG, also in the G-14 group surprisingly, who don't like us for geopolitical reasons.

This is a very good post and summarises what has happened since the advent of FFP. At this precise moment we have to put our trust in our chairman and our CEO in the belief that their confidence rests on solid foundations. What I will say is that so far we have been playing a very, very long "away leg". Unlawful rules introduced by a bent Platini, under pressure from UEFA executives who should have been excluded from office on grounds of a conflict of interest, condemned in 2014 by UEFA in dubious circumstances, the case reopened by UEFA at the instigation of a German newspaper provided with stolen emails by a criminal (who financed him?) and then condemned again after a procedure in which UEFA were the prosecution, the jury and the judge! And we were, it seems, not allowed a defence and not allowed to present any evidence which would be considered. No wonder "the bastards have always managed to stitch us up", as you say. Now, however, we don't have to play on UEFA's ground, with UEFA's ball and by UEFA's rules. We don't even have to let UEFA put down the goalposts. CAS is a start but it doesn't have to be the end - we can indeed spend a great deal more than £30 million tying UEFA up in court for a deal longer than ten years with UEFA knowing full well that in the last analysis, when the final whistle blows, FFP isn't lawful, isn't enforceable and will be thrown out of court with a stinging warning to UEFA.
Neat summation by you and ‘Maurizio’ of my thoughts on this FFP/UEFA nonsense.. and you’re right, I think, to use the ‘away leg’ metaphor. I just hope that the ‘home leg’ is played on our terms and City’s top management will be allowed to play it’s game as planned (as suggested by ‘Prestwich Blue’, ‘Tolmie..’ and many others)

Btw, as I was reading your and ‘Maurizio’s’ posts, what should come up on the i-Thingy shuffle but Jackson Browne’s song ‘Information Wars’.. synchronicity, or what? ‘The more you watch, the less you know..’

Thanks PB. Not much chance of Soriano. getting a seat on the board then. (Twats).

Arsenal were one of the biggest losers of city breaking the old top 4, nearly every year they would qualify for the CL by finishing fourth, but because they always qualified, they would go into pot 1 in the group stages based on UEFA's points system. Because they were in pot 1 they always then qualified for knockout stages (where they then got knocked out!), further boosting their UEFA points and ensuring pot 1 the following year. The CL money have them a huge financial advantage over the rest of the teams outside the top 4 (tv deal wasn't as significant as it is now) enabling them to finish fourth again, so rinse and repeat. Now if Wenger wants to talk about financial doping, well he should have looked a little closer to home.

Exactly this and in finishing 4th they never got near a title. Was all about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.