Pensioner Earnings/Benefits Advice

Yes you can.

Doesn’t have to be cash. I spent the last seven years sending money to my parents. It’s a gift, not an income and is allowable.

Tried that tack bud, he is from that generation that think it shameful if you have to take hand outs, its all I can do to get him to take benefits..... We live hundreds of miles apart so it makes things difficult to organise when he is not cooperating ...!
One safe way would be to take out a prepaid card in your name that you can top up online either a general card or all the major stores do them

Can you afford just to pay the mortgage off? Tell him he can repay you when he passes away and in the meantime he gets to enjoy his life a bit more

From the 'Entitled to' website:

“Any income you receive from voluntary sources - such as from friends and family or from charities - is disregarded completely when calculating benefits. This means the amount of benefit you are entitled to is not affected by this kind of income.

If you receive regular income from friends and family, or from charities, you do not need to enter anything under this source of income. Most other sorts of income should be entered into the calculator.”

From the 'Entitled to' website:

“Any income you receive from voluntary sources - such as from friends and family or from charities - is disregarded completely when calculating benefits. This means the amount of benefit you are entitled to is not affected by this kind of income.

If you receive regular income from friends and family, or from charities, you do not need to enter anything under this source of income. Most other sorts of income should be entered into the calculator.”
Great advice mate, many thanks ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.