Greatest Player from the African continent

It staggers me how underrated yaya is with some of our fans. Hes the most influential player the club has ever had. When yaya played well we won. When we needed a goal in the big games yaya scored. Vinny nailed it in his speech at yaya last game....United semi final, stoke final, newcastle, palace, sunderland, liverpool...........

And that's before you consider how he played centre back and marked Ronaldo out of the game in a champs league final for barca.

Drogba. A beast, a chelsea icon, top 5 premier league striker (behind serge)

Eto. World class in his peak.

Neither achieved what yaya did. Or were close as overall.footballers
Yaya for me too..

A guy who sits near me always used to make laugh when Yaya would do a full ninety minutes controlling a game and then in injury time go on one of his lung-bursting runs from defence to the opposition box and collapse after being tackled. As The Big Man would pick himself up, said Blue (who clearly likes his pies) would shout ‘Get up and get back you lazy f**ker!’ and so on.. every time..

But I have to say it’s a close run thing with the brilliant Drogba and (be still my beating teenage heart!) the amazing Eusebio.

To me, City without Yaya is like Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band without Clarence Clemons..

Can only be yaya.
Yes Eto was brilliant as was drogba.
But for me it has to be the big man.
Oh I forgot about weah.
But still yaya

It staggers me how underrated yaya is with some of our fans. Hes the most influential player the club has ever had. When yaya played well we won. When we needed a goal in the big games yaya scored. Vinny nailed it in his speech at yaya last game....United semi final, stoke final, newcastle, palace, sunderland, liverpool...........

And that's before you consider how he played centre back and marked Ronaldo out of the game in a champs league final for barca.

Can make the exact same argument for Drogba, most finals and key games Drogba would score or run the match.

I’d vote Drogba over Yaya, though Yaya’s peak season was better than Drogba’s peak season.

That’s my opinion.

I remember Weah scoring at Boundary Park in 2000. I was about 10m away, surreal moment then

Samuel eto by a country mile 3 Champions league titles and I think 4 league titles.

Marvellous post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.