Sommeil - £3.5m.
Fowler - £6m.
Seaman - Free.
Tarnat - Free.
Sinclair - £2.5m.
Sibierski - £700k.
Reyna - £2.5m.
McManaman - Free.

Total - £36.4m. So honestly, take the £19.5m spent on Anelka, Distin and Sinclair and do the same, you then had £17m to spend, which in those days given who other people were signing couldn't compete with the top 3 but we would have been fair game for anyone else. Missed opportunity, considering the likes of Okocha went for free.
God, some signings i had chosen to forget there. Bischoff, absolute pish he was. Loran, Kerkar, Belmadi absolute shite and pointless (Belmadi probably the pick). Vuoso we bought off the back of the season he had with Forlan, but he clearly wasn't good enough so another sign of shit scouting. Sommeil i remember being quite short for a CB, didn't think he was that good either but he was better than Mettomo! I also didn't think Reyna was that good, didn't seem to offer us any more than we already had. The least said about Fowler and McManaman the better, but at least Fowler scored against United and seemed to be trying, he was just completely finished by the time he came. So that's £15m before you even talk about the signing on fees and big wages. Terrible business for where we were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.